Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Nutrients in Beverages, Volume Twelve, in the Science of Beverages series, introduces the role of nutrients in beverages and provides details into the biological effects of beverage ingredients by presenting their nutritional properties and characterization. This scientific reference covers both the current state-of-the-art and future trends in the beverage industry, and is designed as a comprehensive guide to this area of research. Detailed research information is presented to not only help researchers and students understand the nature of the challenges associated with incorporating nutrients, but to also help strengthen the knowledge transfer between research institutions and industry.
- Includes information on the health impact of various nutrients
- Discusses nutrients in beverages as a potential delivery system for nutraceuticals
- Presents research example detection techniques to assist in identifying nutrient types and functionalities
Food scientists, research scientists, beverage technologists, food chemists, food microbiologists, food engineers in the beverages sector (R&D, Gov. and academia)
1. A Wide Perspective on Nutrients in Beverages
2. Nutrients, Energy Values, and Health Impact of Conventional Beverages
3. Functional and Molecular Role of Processed-Beverages Towards Healthier Lifestyle
4. Beverages: a Potential Delivery System for Nutraceuticals
5. Beverage Intake: Nutritional Role, Challenges, and Opportunities for Developing Countries
6. Nutrients, Bioactive Compounds, and Health Benefits of Functional and Medicinal Beverages
7. Functionality of Bioactive Nutrients in Beverages
8. Non-Dairy Probiotic and Prebiotic Beverages: Applications, Benefits, and Challenges
9. Nutritive Potential of Probiotics, Prebiotics, and Fibers in Functional Beverages
10. Amino Acids Composition of Must and Wine: Principal Factors that Determine their Contents and Contribution to the Human Diet
11. β-Cryptoxanthin–Enriched Satsuma Mandarin Juice
12. Functional Beverages Produced by Lactic Acid Bacteria
13. Enteral Nutrition Liquid Formulas: Current Evidence and Nutritional Composition
14. Nutritional Properties of Table Olives and their Use in Cocktails
15. Agricultural and Food Industry By-Products: Source of Bioactive Components for Functional Beverages
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 8th June 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Alexandru Mihai Grumezescu is a lecturer in the Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, at the Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science, Politehnica University of Bucharest, Romania. He is an experienced researcher and published editor in the field of nano and biostructures. He is the editor-in-chief of two international open access journals: Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry, Letters and Applied NanoBioScience. Dr. Grumezescu has published more than 200 peer-reviewed papers, authored nine books, and has served as an editor for more than 50 scholarly books.
Assistant Professor, Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science and Faculty of Medical Engineering, Politehnica University of Bucharest, Romania
Alina-Maria Holban is a lecturer in Microbiology and Immunology, at the Faculty of Biology, University of Bucharest; and associate researcher at the University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania. Her primary area of research is the development of bionanomaterials with antimicrobial applications. Dr. Holban has published 75 papers in peer-reviewed journals, 42 conference/symposia proceedings, and has edited more than 21 edited books.
Botany and Microbiology Department, Faculty of Biology, University of Bucharest, Romania