- Print ISBN 9780323091893
- Electronic ISBN 9780323241700
- Real-life case history examples included in application chapters promotes evidence-based practice and further demonstrates how a theory is used in practical situations.
- Consistent case history featuring the patient Debbie in every chapter and the nursing plan that follows help you apply philosophies, theories and models presented in the text.
- Critical thinking exercises provide a more application-based approach rather than just contemplation of theories presented.
- Chapters written by contributors who utilize the work offer a unique approach to using theory in practice.
- Nursing metaparadigm discussion illustrates the four center concepts with which the discipline is concerned to help you see the scope of concern for the profession.
- Logical organization presents content in three distinct parts.
- Glossary offers quick access to key terms throughout the text.
PART I: CONCEPTUALIZATION
- The Nature of Knowledge Needed for Nursing Practice
- Nursing Models: Normal Science for Nursing Practice
- Philosophies, Models, and Theories: Critical Thinking Structures
- Philosophies, Models, and Theories: Moral Obligations
- Nightingale’s Philosophy in Nursing Practice
- Watson’s Philosophy in Nursing Practice
- Benner’s Philosophy in Nursing Practice
- Johnson’s Behavioral System Model in Nursing Practice
- King’s Conceptual System and Theory of Goal Attainment in Nursing Practice
- Levine’s Conservation Model in Nursing Practice
- Neuman’s Systems Model in Nursing Practice
- Orem’s Self-Care Deficit Theory in Nursing Practice
- Rogers’ Science of Unitary Human Beings in Nursing Practice
- Roy’s Adaptation Model in Nursing Practice
- Orlando’s Nursing Process Theory in Nursing Practice
- Modeling and Role-Modeling Theory in Nursing Practice
- Mercer’s Becoming a Mother Theory in Nursing Practice
- Leininger’s Theory of Culture Care Diversity and Universality in Nursing Practice
- Parse’s Theory of Human Becoming in Nursing Practice
- Newman’s Theory of Health as Expanding Consciousness in Nursing Practice
- Areas for Further Development of Theory-Based Nursing Practice
- Nursing Philosophies, Models, and Theories: A Focus on the Fu
PART II: APPLICATION
Section 1: Nursing Philosophies
Section 2: Nursing Models
Section 3: Nursing Theories
PART III: EXPANSION
- No. of pages:
- © 2014
- 13th August 2013
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: