The most comprehensive of its kind, Nursing Theorists and Their Work, 8th Edition provides an in-depth look at 39 theorists of historical, international, and significant importance. Each chapter features a clear, consistent presentation of a key nursing philosophy or theory. Case studies, critical thinking activities, and in-depth objective critiques of nursing theories help bridge the gap between theory and application.
- Critical Thinking Activities at the end of each theorist chapter help you to process the theory presented and apply it to personal and hypothetical practice situations.
- A case study at the end of each theorist chapter puts the theory into a larger perspective, demonstrating how it can be applied to practice.
- A Brief Summary in each theorist chapter helps you review for tests and confirm your comprehension.
- A Major Concepts & Definitions box included in each theorist chapter outlines the theory’s most significant ideas and clarifies content-specific vocabulary.
- Each theorist chapter is written by a scholar specializing in that particular theorist’s work, often having worked closely with the theorists, to provide the most accurate and complete information possible.
- Beginning chapters provide a strong foundation on the history and philosophy of science, logical reasoning, and the theory development process.
- Diagrams for theories help you visualize and better understand inherently abstract concepts.
- Pictures of theorists, as well as a listing of contact information for each individual, enables you to contact the source of information directly.
- Theorist chapters have been reviewed and edited by the theorist, validating the accounts set forth in the text for currency and accuracy.
- An extensive bibliography at the conclusion of each theorist chapter outlines numerous primary and secondary sources of information, ideal for both undergraduate and graduate research projects.
EVOLUTION OF NURSING THEORETICAL WORKS
- Introduction to Nursing Theory: Its History, Significance, and Analysis
- History and Philosophy of Science
- Theory Development Process
- The Structure of Specialized Nursing Knowledge
- Nursing Theorists of Historical Significance
- Florence Nightingale: Modern Nursing
- Jean Watson: Watson’s Philosophy and Theory of Transpersonal Caring
- Marilyn Anne Ray: Theory of Bureaucratic Caring
- Patricia Benner: Caring, Clinical Wisdom, and Ethics in Nursing Practice
- Kari Martinsen: Philosophy of Caring
- Katie Eriksson: Theory of Caritative Caring
- Myra Estrin Levine: The Conservation Model
- Martha E. Rogers: Unitary Human Beings
- Dorothea E. Orem: Self-Care Deficit Theory of Nursing
- Imogene M. King: Conceptual System and Middle Range Theory of Goal Attainment
- Betty Neuman: Systems Model
- Sister Callista Roy: Adaptation Model
- Dorothy Johnson: Behavioral System Model
- Anne Boykin and Savina O. Schoenhofer: The Theory of Nursing as Caring: A Model for Transforming Practice
- Afaf Ibrahim Meleis: Transitions Theory NEW!
- Nola J. Pender: Health Promotion Model
- Madeline M. Leininger: Culture Care Theory of Diversity and Universality
- Margaret A. Newman: Health as Expanding Consciousness
- Rosemarie Rizzo Parse: Humanbecoming
- Helen C. Erickson, Evelyn M. Tomlin, Mary Ann P. Swain: Modeling and Role-Modeling
- Gladys L. Husted and James H. Husted: Symphonological Bioethical Theory
- Ramona T. Mercer: Maternal Role Attainment: Becoming a Mother
- Merle Mishel: Uncertainty in Illness Theory
- Pamela G. Reed: Self-Transcendence Theory
- Carolyn L. Wiener and Marilyn J. Dodd: Theory of Illness Trajectory
- Georgene Gaskill Eakes, Mary Lermann Burke, and Margaret A. Hainsworth: Theory of Chronic Sorrow
- Phil Barker: The Tidal Model of Mental Health Recovery
- Katherine Kolcaba: Theory of Comfort
- Cheryl Tatano Beck: Postpartum Depression Theory
- Kristen M. Swanson: Theory of Caring
- Cornelia M. Ruland and Shirley M. Moore: Peaceful End of Life Theory
- State of the Art and Science of Nursing Theory
UNIT II: NURSING PHILOSOPHIES
UNIT III: NURSING MODELS
UNIT IV: NURSING THEORIES
UNIT V: MIDDLE RANGE THEORIES
UNIT VI: FUTURE OF NURSING THEORY
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2014
- 24th September 2013
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN: