Take a fascinating, vibrantly illustrated journey through nursing! Journey through the nursing profession with Nursing, the Finest Art: An Illustrated History, 3rd Edition, by M. Patricia Donahue. This new edition traces the social, political and economic history of nursing from its origins through contemporary practice with over 400 fine art images and unique timelines that offer an ‘at a glance’ view of nursing through the ages. Almost 90% of the artwork is new, and new units include The Nursing Transformation, The Healing Spirit of Nursing, and A Global View of Nursing and Healthcare. The perfect gift for any nurse, celebrating the wonderful profession of caring for others.
- Over 400 fine art images encompassing nurses in history through present time and around the globe.
- Timelines summarizing each era at a glance before each chapter let you know where to find key information about nursing history and facilitate easy review.
1. The Origin of Nursing
2. Nursing in a Christian World
3. Nursing in Transition
4. Development of Nursing in America
5. Nurses in Wars
6. Nursing in an Era of Change and Challenge
7. The Nursing Transformation
8. the Healing Spirit of Nursing
9. A Global View of Nursing and Healthcare
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2011
- 11th March 2010
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor Emerita, College of Nursing, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.