3. Vital Signs
4. Specimen Collection
5. Non-Parenteral Medication Administration
6. Safe Medication Administration
8. Wound Care
9. IV Fluid Administration
10. IV Fluid Therapy Management
11. IV Medication Administration
12. Airway Management
13. Chest Tubes
14. Enteral Nutrition
15. Bowel Elimination – Ostomy
16. Urinary Catheterization
17. Vascular Access
Focusing on the skills that are most difficult to master, this complete online course is the perfect tool to help you review procedures presented in Fundamentals of Nursing, 7th Edition and assess your understanding before performing them in the clinical setting. Interactive, media-rich learning modules present realistic, case-based lessons to help you apply your knowledge to the same tasks and challenges you’ll encounter in practice. Each module includes engaging video demonstrations and learning aids, plus a final test to help you evaluate your comprehension and prepare for real-world success.
- 17 interactive modules expand on textbook concepts and bolster your decision-making and critical-thinking skills with case-based, problem-oriented lessons.
- Integrated references point you to corresponding textbook content for fast, efficient review.
- Over 750 self-assessment exercises and lesson exams test your knowledge of key concepts, accompanied by correct answers and rationales for immediate feedback.
- Segmented content streamlines your review by breaking down complex topics into more manageable chunks of information.
- 100 video clips demonstrate essential procedures for enhanced understanding and visual reinforcement.
- Over skill performance guidelines provide step-by-step instruction and can be printed for portable reference.
- An extensive glossary of terms with audio pronunciations helps you review common terms for confident use in the clinical setting.
- eBook ISBN:
Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research, Patient Care Services Barnes-Jewish Hospital St. Louis, MO
Director of Research, Patient Care Services Barnes-Jewish Hospital St. Louis, MO
Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL
Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL