Unit 1: Quality and Safety in Nursing Practice
Chapter 1: Using Evidence in Nursing Practice NEW!
Chapter 2: Communication & Collaboration
- Skill 2.1 Establishing the Nurse-Client Relationship
- Skill 2.2 Interviewing
- Skill 2.3 Communications with Anxious, Angry, Depressed Patients, and Cognitively Impaired Patients
- Skill 2.4 Interprofessional Conflict Resolution NEW!
- Procedural Guideline 2.1 Hand-Off Communications NEW!
- Procedural Guideline 2.2 S-BAR Communication NEW!
Chapter 3: Documentation and Informatics
- Procedure Guideline 3.1 Documenting Nurses' Progress Notes
- Procedural Guideline 3.2 Using an Electronic Medical Record NEW!
- Procedural Guideline 3.3 Writing an Occurrence Report
Chapter 4: Patient Safety & Quality Improvement
- Procedural Guideline 4.1 Medical Error Reduction NEW!
- Skill 4.1 Fall Prevention
- Skill 4.2 Designing a Restraint Free Environment
- Skill 4.3 Applying Physical Restraints
- Skill 4.4 Seizure Precautions
- Skill 4.5 Fire, Electrical, and Radiation Safety
- Procedural Guideline 4.2 Conducting a Root Cause Analysis NEW!
Chapter 5: Infection Control
- Procedural Guideline 5.1 Medical Asepsis Principles NEW!
- Procedural Guideline 5.2 Surgical Asepsis Principles NEW!
- Skill 5.1 Hand Hygiene
- Skill 5.2 Applying Personal Protective Equipment
- Skill 5.3 Caring for Patients under Isolation Precautions<
With its new condensed format, completely reorganized and updated content, respected author team, and new lower price, Perry and Potter's Nursing Interventions and Clinical Skills, 5th Edition is your all-around best choice for learning the skills and techniques you'll use every day in practice. Covering 181 skills, this highly accessible manual conveniently groups all related skills together, so you can find information quickly. The companion Evolve website features 50 video clips, skills checklists, and much more, ensuring your successful mastery of each skill.
- Contains 180 skills and techniques (basic, intermediate, and advanced) you'll use every day in practice.
- Presents every skill in a logical, consistent format: Assessment, Planning, Implementation, Evaluation -- improving the quality of patient care.
- Pairs each step with an appropriate rationale, helping you understand and remember why specific techniques are used.
- Features Safety Alerts that highlight unusual risks inherent in the next step of the skill, helping you plan ahead at each step of nursing care.
- Uses a Glove icon as a reminder to don clean gloves before proceeding to the next step of the skill, improving patient safety.
- Guides you in Delegation and Collaboration, explaining when to delegate a skill to assistive personnel, and indicating what key information must be shared.
- Highlights Special Considerations such as information unique to pediatric or geriatric patients, to raise awareness of additional risks you may face when caring for a diverse patient population.
- Provides sample documentation of nurses notes so that you can learn to communicate effectively to the patient care team.
- Contains multimedia resources such as video clips, skills performance checklists, interactive exercises, and more, all easily available to you on the companion Evolve website at no additional cost.
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL
Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL
Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research, Patient Care Services Barnes-Jewish Hospital St. Louis, MO
Director of Research, Patient Care Services Barnes-Jewish Hospital St. Louis, MO
Nursing Educator for Associate Degree Nursing, Private Practice Lactation Consultant, Mother Care of Maine, Comprehensive Breastfeeding Services, Sumner, ME; Formerly, Lactation Counselor, Stephens Memorial Hospital, Norway, ME