Use this convenient resource to formulate nursing diagnoses and create individualized care plans! Updated with the most recent NANDA-I approved nursing diagnoses, Nursing Diagnosis Handbook: An Evidence-Based Guide to Planning Care, 9th Edition shows you how to build customized care plans using a three-step process: assess, diagnose, and plan care. It includes suggested nursing diagnoses for over 1,300 client symptoms, medical and psychiatric diagnoses, diagnostic procedures, surgical interventions, and clinical states. Authors Elizabeth Ackley and Gail Ladwig use Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC) and Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC) information to guide you in creating care plans that include desired outcomes, interventions, patient teaching, and evidence-based rationales.
- Promotes evidence-based interventions and rationales by including recent or classic research that supports the use of each intervention.
- Unique! Provides care plans for every NANDA-I approved nursing diagnosis.
- Includes step-by-step instructions on how to use the Guide to Nursing Diagnoses and Guide to Planning Care sections to create a unique, individualized plan of care.
- Includes pediatric, geriatric, multicultural, and home care interventions as necessary for plans of care.
- Includes examples of and suggested NIC interventions and NOC outcomes in each care plan.
- Allows quick access to specific symptoms and nursing diagnoses with alphabetical thumb tabs.
- Unique! Includes a Care Plan Constructor on the companion Evolve website for hands-on practice in creating customized plans of care.
Section I: Nursing Diagnosis, the Nursing Process and Evidence-Based Nursing
An explanation of how to make a nursing diagnosis and plan care using the nursing process and evidence-based nursing.
Section II: Guide to Nursing Diagnoses
Includes suggested nursing diagnoses and page references for over 1,300 client symptoms, medical and psychiatric diagnoses, diagnostic procedures, surgical interventions, and clinical states.
Section III: Guide to Planning Care
The definition, defining characteristics, risk factors, related factors, suggested NOC outcomes, client outcomes, suggested NIC interventions, interventions with rationales, geriatric interventions (when appropriate), home care interventions, culturally competent nursing interventions where appropriate, client/family teaching, and websites (when available) for client education for each alphabetized nursing diagnosis. Also includes a pain assessment guide and equianalgesic chart.
Nursing Diagnoses Arranged by Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
Nursing Diagnoses Arranged by Gordon's Functional Health Patterns
Wellness-Oriented Diagnostic Categories
A Guide to Using Equianalgesic Charts
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2011
- 18th February 2010
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor Emeritus, Jackson Community College; President, The Betty Ackley LLC, Jackson, MI
Professor Emeritus, Jackson Community College; Co-Owner and Nursing Consultant, Holistic Choices; Healing Touch Practitioner, Jackson, MI