Section 1: Using Nursing Care Plans to Individualize and Improve Care
Section 2: Nursing Diagnosis Care Plans
Ineffective Airway Clearance
Latex Allergy Response
Risk for Aspiration
Disturbed Body Image
Ineffective Breathing Pattern
Decreased Cardiac Output
Impaired Verbal Communication
Compromised Family Coping
Impaired Dentition NEW!
Disturbed Energy Field NEW!
Risk for Falls
Interrupted Family Processes
Deficient Fluid Volume
Excess Fluid Volume
Impaired Gas Exchange
Ineffective Health Maintenance
Impaired Home Maintenance
Readiness for Enhanced Immunizations NEW!
Functional Urinary Incontinence
Reflex Urinary Incontinence
Urge Urinary Incontinence
Risk for Infection
Decreased Intracranial Adaptive Capacity
Sedentary Lifestyle NEW!
Impaired Physical Mobility
Imbalanced Nutrition: Less Than Body Requirements
Imbalanced Nutrition: More Than Body Requirements
Impaired Oral Mucous Membrane
Post-Trauma Syndrome NEW!
Relocation Stress Syndrome NEW!
The most comprehensive nursing care planning book available, Nursing Care Plans, 7th Edition features more than 200 care plans covering the most common medical-surgical nursing diagnoses and clinical problems. As in past editions, authors Meg Gulanick and Judith Myers meticulously updated content to ensure it reflects the most current clinical practice and professional standards in nursing, while still retaining the easy-to-use, reader-friendly format that make this book so unique. Functioning as two books in one, it provides you with both a collection of 68 nursing diagnosis care plans to use as starting points for creating individualized care plans and a library of 143 disease-specific care plans for medical-surgical conditions most frequently encountered in nursing practice.
- Includes the most extensive array of care plans found in any nursing care planning book, with 68 nursing diagnosis care plans and 143 disease/disorder/procedure care plans, for a total of 211.
- An introductory chapter explains essential concepts such as the components of a care plan, NIC and NOC classification systems, and how to create a care plan.
- Pre-formatted nursing diagnosis care plans include a NANDA definition, a brief explanation of the diagnosis, related NOC outcomes and NIC interventions, related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions.
- Pre-formatted disorders care plans include synonyms for the disorder (for ease in cross referencing), a clear and succinct definition of the disorder, related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, NIC interventions and NOC outcomes, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions for each relevant nursing diagnosis.
- Eye-catching icons differentiate between dependent and independent interventions to help you better understand how to function in collaboration with the healthcare team.
- An Online Care Plan Constructor on the companion Evolve website includes all 68 nursing diagnoses care plans in the text, enabling you to customize care plans for an individual patient. In addition, 25 pre-formatted bonus medical-surgical care plans are provided for viewing online or printing.
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor, Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing, Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
Assistant Professor of Nursing, Grand View University, Des Moines, Iowa