This internationally renowned guide to basic arithmetic for nursing students has been completely revised and updated for a new generation of readers. Now entering its ninth edition, Nursing Calculations comes with a quick-reference card fits in the pocket to remind readers of essential formulae and AN ON-LINE PROGRAM TO ALLOW FURTHER SELF-TESTING VIA THE USE OF COMPUTERS AND MOBILE DEVICES.
- Over 200,000 copies sold since publication!
- Initial self-testing chapter allows readers to identify and address areas of difficulty before moving onto practical examples
- ‘Important Boxes’ highlight potential pitfalls for the reader
- Special section on paediatrics covers medication calculations relating to body weight and body surface area
- Contains glossary and useful abbreviations
- Brings together basic math skills and clinical examples to prepare readers for real life drug calculations
- Quick-reference card fits in the pocket and remind readers of essential formulae
Formulae used in this book
1 A review of relevant calculations
2 Dosages of oral medications
3 Dosages of medications for injection
4 Intravenous infusion
5 Paediatric dosages
6 Revision of nursing calculations
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2016
- 18th May 2016
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Mathematics teacher, Melbourne, Australia
Senior Lecturer in Nursing, School of Nursing, Faculty of Health, Medicine, Nursing and Behavioural Sciences, Deakin University, Burwood, Victoria, Australia
Lecturer in Nursing and Child Health (Education), Faculty of Health and Human Sciences, University of Plymouth, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.