- Over 650 figures of anatomy, nurse anesthesia procedures, and equipment depict complex concepts and information.
- An easy-to-use organization covers basic principles first, and builds on those with individual chapters for each surgical specialty.
- UPDATED references make it quick and simple to find the latest and most important research in the field.
- Over 700 tables and boxes highlight the most essential information in a quick, easy-to-reference format.
- Expert CRNA authors provide the current clinical information you’ll use in daily practice.
- UPDATED pharmacology information includes pharmacokinetics, drug delivery systems, opiate antagonists, and key induction drugs.
Unit I: Professional Issues
1. Nurse Anesthesia: A History of Challenge
2. Nurse Anesthesia Specialty Practice and Education in the United States NEW!
3. Legal Concepts in Nurse Anesthesia Practice
Unit II: Scientific Foundations
4. Nurse Anesthesia Research: Science of an Orderly, Purposeful, and Systematic Nature
5. General Principles, Pharmacodynamics, and Drug Receptor Concepts
7. Pharmacokinetics of Inhalation Anesthetics
8. Inhalation Anesthetics
9. Intravenous Induction Agents
10. Local Anesthetics
11. Opioid Agonists and Antagonists
12. Neuromuscular Blocking Agents, Reversal Agents and Their Monitoring
13. Autonomic and Cardiac Pharmacology
14. Chemistry and Physics of Anesthesia
Unit III: Technology Related to Anesthesia Practice
15. Anesthesia Equipment
16. Clinical Monitoring I: Cardiovascular System
17. Clinical Monitoring II: Respiratory and Metabolic Systems
18. Clinical Monitoring III: Neurological System
Unit IV: Preoperative Preparation
19. Preoperative Evaluation and Preparation of the Patient
Unit V: Intraoperative Management
20. Fluids, Electrolytes, and Blood Component Therapy
21. Positioning for Anesthesia and Surgery
22. Airway Management
23. Cardiovascular Anatomy, Physiology, Pathophysiology, and Anesthesia Management
24. Anesthesia for Cardiac Surgery
25. Anesthesia for Vascular Surgery
26. Respiratory Anatomy, Physiology, Pathophysiology, and Anesthesia Management
27. Anesthesia for Thoracic Surgery
28. Neuroanatomy, Neurophysiology, and Neuroanesthesia
29. Renal Anatomy, Physiology, Pathophysiology, and Anesthesia Management
30. Hepatobiliary and Gastroi