Long respected as the most comprehensive nurse anesthesia resource available, this new edition continues the tradition of bringing together leading experts to create a balanced reference that applies scientific principles to today’s clinical anesthesia practice. Inside you’ll find a solid introduction to the equipment and patient care techniques unique to nurse anesthesia side-by-side with the cutting-edge research and application of evidence necessary to prepare you for tomorrow.
- Over 700 tables and boxes highlight the most essential information in a quick, easy-to-reference format.
- An easy-to-use organization with basic principles covered first, followed by individual chapters for each surgical specialty, ensures you have the information you need to build your knowledge.
- Over 650 figures of anatomy, nurse anesthesia procedures, and equipment enhance your understanding of complex information.
- Expert CRNA authors provide the most up-to-date and relevant clinical information you’ll use in daily practice.
- The latest pharmacology information on pharmacokinetics, drug delivery systems, opiate antagonists, and key induction drugs to keep you up-to-date.
- Thoroughly updated references make finding the latest and most important research in the field quick and simple.
Unit I: Professional Issues
1. Nurse Anesthesia: A History of Challenge
2. Specialty Practice of Nurse Anesthesia
3. Nurse Anesthesia Education in the United States- NEW!
4. Legal Issues in Nurse Anesthesia - NEW!
Unit II: Scientific Foundations
5. Nurse Anesthesia Research: Science of an Orderly, Purposeful, and Systematic Nature
6. General Principles, Pharmacodynamics, and Drug Receptor Concepts
8. Pharmacokinetics of Inhalation Anesthetics
9. Inhalation Anesthetics
10. Intravenous Induction Agents
11. Local Anesthetics
12. Opioid Agonists and Antagonists
13. Neuromuscular Blocking Agents, Reversal Agents and Their Monitoring
14. Autonomic and Cardiac Pharmacology
15. Chemistry and Physics of Anesthesia
Unit III: Technology Related to Anesthesia Practice
16. Anesthesia Equipment
17. Clinical Monitoring I: Cardiovascular System
18. Clinical Monitoring II: Respiratory & Metabolic Systems - NEW!
19. Clinical Monitoring III: Neurological System - NEW!
Unit IV: Preoperative Preparation
20. Preoperative Evaluation and Preparation of the Patient
Unit V: Intraoperative Management
21. Fluids, Electrolytes, and Blood Component Therapy
22. Positioning For Anesthesia and Surgery
23. Airway Management
24. Cardiovascular Anatomy, Physiology, Pathophysiology and Anesthesia Management
25. Anesthesia for Cardiac Anesthesia
26. Anesthesia for Vascular Surgery
27. Respiratory Anatomy, Physiology, Pathophysiology and Anesthesia Management
28. Anesthesia for Thoracic Surgery
29. Neuroanatomy, Neurophysiology, and Neuroanesth
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2010
- 11th February 2009
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Chief Executive Officer, National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists, Chicago, IL