Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Evaluation, Convergence, Bounds
2. Sturm Sequences and Greatest Common Divisors
3. Real Roots by Continued Fractions
4. Simultaneous Methods
5. Newton's and Related Methods
6. Matrix Models
Numerical Methods for Roots of Polynomials - Part I (along with volume 2 covers most of the traditional methods for polynomial root-finding such as Newton’s, as well as numerous variations on them invented in the last few decades. Perhaps more importantly it covers recent developments such as Vincent’s method, simultaneous iterations, and matrix methods. There is an extensive chapter on evaluation of polynomials, including parallel methods and errors. There are pointers to robust and efficient programs. In short, it could be entitled “A Handbook of Methods for Polynomial Root-finding”. This book will be invaluable to anyone doing research in polynomial roots, or teaching a graduate course on that topic.
- First comprehensive treatment of Root-Finding in several decades
- Gives description of high-grade software and where it can be down-loaded
- Very up-to-date in mid-2006; long chapter on matrix methods
- Includes Parallel methods, errors where appropriate
- Invaluable for research or graduate course
Academic faculties and libraries, engineering industry
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2007
- 4th June 2007
- Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
"A very interesting book to read. It is clearly written and contains numerous examples that make the results presented in the book clearer. The book also contains many pointers to efficient programs, software and libraries to compute roots of polynomials." --Mathematical Reviews
York University, Toronto, Canada
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.