- New approach takes readers seamlessly from first principles to more advanced and applied topics.
- Presents the essential components of a simulation system at a level suitable for those coming into contact with CFD for the first time, and is ideal for those who need a comprehensive refresher on the fundamentals of CFD.
- Enhanced pedagogy features chapter objectives, hands-on practice examples and end of chapter exercises.
- Extended coverage of finite difference, finite volume and finite element methods.
- New chapters include an introduction to grid properties and the use of grids in practice.
- Includes material on 2-D inviscid, potential and Euler flows, 2-D viscous flows and Navier-Stokes flows to enable the reader to develop basic CFD simulations.
- Includes best practice guidelines for applying existing commercial or shareware CFD tools.
Table of Contents
Part I The Mathematical Models for Fluid Flow Simulations at Various Levels of Approximation
1. the Basic Equations of Fluid Dynamics
2. The Dynamical Levels of Approximation
3. The Mathematical Nature of the Flow Equations and Their Boundary Conditions
Part II Basic Discretization Techniques
4. The Finite Difference Method for Structured Grids
5. Finite Volume Method and Conservative Discretization with an Introduction to Finite Element Method
6. Structured and Unstructured Grid Properties
Part III The Analysis of Numerical Schemes
7. Consistency, Stability and Error Analysis of Numerical Schemes
8. General Properties and High-Resolution Numerical Schemes
Part IV The Resolution of Numerical Schemes
9. Time Integration Methods for Space-discretized Equations
10. Iterative Methods for the Resolution of Algebraic Systems
Part V Applications to Inviscid and Viscous Flows
11. Numerical Simulation of Inviscid Flows
12. Numerical Solutions of Viscous Laminar Flows
- No. of pages: 700
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Butterworth-Heinemann 2007
- Published: June 4, 2007
- Imprint: Butterworth-Heinemann
- eBook ISBN: 9780080550022
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780750665940
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Numerical Computation of Internal and External Flows: The Fundamentals of Computational Fluid Dynamics"