1. Mathematics and Statistics
2. Physics of Nuclear Medicine
4. Computer Science
5. Laboratory Science
6. Radiochemistry and Radiopharmacology
7. Radiation Safety in Nuclear Medicine
8. Patient Care and Quality Improvement
9. Principles of SPECT and SPECT/CT
10. PET Instrumentation
11. CT Physics and Instrumentation
12. MRI Physics, Instrumentation and Clinical Introduction
13. Clinical PET/CT in Oncology
14. Central Nervous System
15. Endocrine System
16. Respiratory System
17. Cardiovascular System
18. Gastrointestinal System
19. Genitourinary System
20. Skeletal System
21. Hematopoietic System
22. Tumor and Inflammatory Nuclear Medicine
Table of radiopharmaceuticals
A comprehensive guide to procedures and technologies, Nuclear Medicine and PET/CT: Technology and Techniques provides a single source for state-of-the-art information on all aspects of nuclear medicine. Coverage includes relevant anatomy and physiology and discusses each procedure in relation to the specific use of radiopharmaceuticals and the instruments required. Edited by experts in nuclear imaging and PET/CT, Paul E. Christian and Kristen M. Waterstram-Rich, this edition has a new chapter on MRI as it relates to nuclear medicine and includes practical, step-by-step instructions for procedures.
- PET/CT focus with hybrid PET/CT studies in several chapters provides cutting-edge information that is especially beneficial to working technologists.
- CT Physics and Instrumentation chapter introduces CT as it is applied to PET imaging for combined PET/CT studies.
- Authoritative, comprehensive resource conveys state-of-the-art information, eliminating the need to search for information in other sources.
- Foundation chapters cover basic math, statistics, physics, instrumentation, computers, lab science, radiochemistry, and pharmacology, allowing you to understand how and why procedures are performed.
- Accessible writing style and approach to basic science subjects simplifies topics, progressing from fundamentals to more complex concepts.
- More than 50 practice problems in the math and statistics chapter let you brush up on basic math skills, with answers provided in the back of the book.
- Key terms, chapter outlines, learning objectives, and suggested readings help you organize your study.
- A table of radionuclides used in nuclear medicine and PET is provided in the appendix for quick reference.
- A glossary provides definitions of key terms and important concepts.
- High-profile editors and contributors come from a variety of educational and clinical settings, providing a broad philosophic and geographic perspective.
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2012
- 4th March 2011
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Manager, Cyclotron Operations and PET Imaging, Huntsman Cancer Institute, Salt Lake City, UT
Kristen M. Waterstram-Rich, MS, CNMT, FSNMMI-TS, Professor, Interim Associate Dean, College of Health Sciences and Technology, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY