Frank R. Noyes, MD—internationally-renowned knee surgeon and orthopaedic sports medicine specialist—presents Noyes’ Knee Disorders, an unparalleled resource on the diagnosis, management, and outcomes analysis for the full range of complex knee disorders. Master the technical details of procedures such as anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, meniscus repair, articular cartilage restoration, and many others, and implement appropriate post-operative rehabilitation programs and protocols. Analyze and manage gender disparities in anterior cruciate ligament injuries. A DVD with step-by-step videos—of detailed knee anatomy, a comprehensive examination of the knee, anatomic anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, meniscus repair and transplantation, and posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction—complements the evidence-based text and allows you to see how surgical procedures are performed. A second DVD featuring live postoperative patient rounds in physical therapy provides invaluable information for the initial and longer-term treatment of a variety of knee problems. Best of all, you can access the full text, as well as downloadable images, PubMed links, and alerts to new research online at expertconsult.com.
- Offers online access to the full text, downloadable images, PubMed links, and alerts to new research online at expertconsult.com through Expert Consult functionality for convenient reference.
- Presents step-by-step descriptions on the full range of complex soft tissue knee operative procedures for the anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, meniscus repair, soft tissue transplants, osseous malalignments, articular cartilage restoration, posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, and more to provide you with guidance for the management of any patient.
- Relies on Dr. Noyes’ meticulous published clinical studies and outcomes data from other peer-reviewed publications as a scientifically valid foundation for patient care.
- Features detailed post-operative rehabilitation programs and protocols so that you can apply proven techniques and ease your patients’ progression from one phase to the next.
- Includes procedural videos on DVD—of anatomic anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction techniques, posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction options, meniscus repair and transplantation, and more—that demonstrate the details of surgical techniques to supplement the text visually.
- Bonus DVD features live postoperative patient rounds in physical therapy with interviews of patients, Dr. Noyes, and the physical therapy staff covering a variety of operative procedures and injuries.
- Bonus video available only from the website provides live presentations from the 2009 Advances on the Knee and Shoulder course, step-by-step surgical demonstration of an opening wedge tibial osteotomy, and a 4-part series on the Diagnosis of Knee Ligament Injuries.
Part 1. Knee Anatomy
1. Medial and Anterior Knee Anatomy
Alvin Detterline, John Babb, and Frank R. Noyes
2. Lateral, Posterior, and Cruciate Knee Anatomy
Justin P. Strickland, Eric W. Fester, and Frank R. Noyes
Part 2. Classification and Biomechanics
3. The Scientific Basis for Examination and Classification of Knee Ligament Injuries
Frank R. Noyes and Edward S. Grood
4. Knee Ligament Function and Failure
Frank R. Noyes and Edward S. Grood
Part 3. Anterior Cruciate Ligament
Chapter 3: Biology of Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Graft Healing
"Complex Knee Disorders: Diagnosis, Treatment, and Clinical Outcomes"
Asheesh Bedi and Fellow
Shoulder and Sports Medicine Service
Hospital for Special Surgery
Weill Medical College of Cornell University
310 East 71st Street, 7D
New York City, NY 10021
Scott A. Rodeo
6. Human Movement and ACL Function: ACL-Deficiency and Gait Mechanics
Thomas P Andriacchi and Sean F Scanlan
7. ACL Primary and Revision Reconstruction: Diagnosis, Operative Techniques, Clinical Outcomes
Frank R. Noyes, Sue D. Barber-Westin
8. Graft Options for ACL Revision Reconstruction
Lonnie E. Paulos and Anastassios Karistinos
9. Allografts: Graft Sterilization and Tissue Bank Safety Issues
C. Thomas Vangsness, Jr.
10. Scientific and Clinical Basis for Double-Bundle ACL Reconstruction in Primary and Revision Knees Scientific and Clinical Basis for Double-Bundle Primary ACL Reconstruction
Susan Jordan, Wei Shen, and Freddie Fu
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Chairman and Medical Director, Cincinnati Sports Research and Orthopaedic Center; President, Cincinnati Sports Medicine Research and Education Foundation; Former Clinical Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine; Former Adjunct Professor, Noyes Tissue Engineering and Biomechanics Laboratory, Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Cincinnati College of Engineering, Cincinnati, OH