- Reviews research into the production and use of specific ingredients which can help to control body weight
- Provides food industry professionals with essential information about particular ingredients that are effective in weight management
- Valuable reference for nutritionists and food industry professionals
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Food and obesity: Lipid metabolism: Its role in energy regulation and obesity; Hunger and satiety: Relation to body weight control; Glycemic control, insulin resistance and obesity; Controlling lipogenesis and thermogenesis and the use of ergogenic aid for weight control; Food ingredients implicated in obesity: Sugars and sweeteners. Part 2 Ingredients from grains, fruits and vegetables for weight control: ß-glucans; Non-digestible oligosaccharides; Resistant Starch; Modified carbohydrates with lower glycemic index; Novel ingredients for weight loss: New developments. Part 3 Dairy ingredients and lipids for weight control: Dietary and supplemental calcium and its role in weight loss: Weighing the evidence; Conjugated Fatty Acids (CLA), body composition and weight control; Omega-3 fatty acids and other PUFAs and weight control; Medium-chain and structured triglycerides (MCTs): Their role in weight control; Trans-free oils and fats.
- No. of pages: 376
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2007
- Published: April 30, 2007
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845693114
About the Editor
C J K Henry
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Novel Food Ingredients for Weight Control"