Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Nonvitamin and Nonmineral Nutritional Supplements compiles comprehensive information and recent findings on supplements found in today’s market. The book focuses on non-essential nutrients, animal extracts, yeast and fungi extracts, and plant and algae extracts used as supplements. Readers will find valuable insights on the impact of dietary supplementation on human health, along with an understanding of the positive and negative aspects of each supplement.
- Provides reliable information on available supplements to inform nutritional practices
- Presents each supplement’s sources, availability, health benefits, drawbacks, and possible interactions with other supplements, food or drugs
- Serves as a guide to non-essential nutrients, plant and algae extracts, animal extracts, including bee products and shark cartilage, and supplements from yeast and fungi
Food and nutrition researchers, health professionals, nutritionists, students and laypeople
1. History, definition, overview and legislation of dietary supplements
2. Non-essential nutrients
3. Plant and algae extracts
4. Animal extracts
5. From yeast and fungi
6. Future trends of food supplements
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 27th September 2018
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Seyed Mohammad Nabavi is a Biotechnologist and senior scientist in the Applied Biotechnology Research Centre, Baqiyatallah University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran. His research interests are focused on natural products. Till now, he has authored/co-authored over 250 publications in international journals indexed in ISI and has more than 7000 citations to published articles and also more than 10 books.
University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.