This state-of-the-art book deals with the most important aspects of non-linear imaging challenges. The need for engineering and mathematical methods is essential for defining non-linear effects involved in such areas as computer vision, optical imaging, computer pattern recognition, and industrial automation challenges.
@bul:* Presents the latest developments in a variety of filter design techniques and algorithms
- Contains essential information for development of Human Vision Systems (HVS)
- Provides foundations for digital imaging and image capture technology
Electrical and computer engineers.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2001
- 5th September 2000
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
@qu:"The book considers the following filter families, with varying emphasis, according to popularity and impact in image processing tasks:
- honomorphic filters, relying on a generalized superposition principle
- nonlinear mean filters, using nonlinear definitions of means
- morphological filters, based on geometrical rather than analytical properties
- order statistics filters, based on ordering properties of the input samples
- polynomial filters, using polynomial expressions in the input and output samples
- fuzzy filters, applying fuzzy reasoning to model the uncertainty typical of some image processing issues
- nonlinear operations modeled in terms of nonlinear partial differential equations."
University of California, Santa Barbara, U.S.A.
University of Trieste, Italy