Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Non-Thermal Plasma Technology for Polymeric Materials: Applications in Composites, Nanostructured Materials and Biomedical Fields provides both an introduction and practical guide to plasma synthesis, modification and processing of polymers, their composites, nancomposites, blends, IPNs and gels. It examines the current state-of-the-art and new challenges in the field, including the use of plasma treatment to enhance adhesion, characterization techniques, and the environmental aspects of the process. Particular attention is paid to the effects on the final properties of composites and the characterization of fiber/polymer surface interactions.
This book helps demystify the process of plasma polymerization, providing a thorough grounding in the fundamentals of plasma technology as they relate to polymers. It is ideal for materials scientists, polymer chemists, and engineers, acting as a guide to further research into new applications of this technology in the real world.
- Enables materials scientists and engineers to deploy plasma technology for surface treatment, characterization and analysis of polymeric materials
- Reviews the state-of-the-art in plasma technology for polymer synthesis and processing
- Presents detailed coverage of the most advanced applications for plasma polymerization, particularly in medicine and biomedical engineering, areas such as implants, biosensors and tissue engineering
Academics, researchers, scientists, engineers and students in the field of plasma technology and polymer science
1. Introduction to polymeric materials
2. Introduction to plasma
3. Plasma assisted polymer synthesis and processing
4. Plasma assisted polymer modifications
5. Plasma induced polymeric coatings
6. Application of plasma in printed surfaces and print quality
7. Plasma treatment of fibers and powders
8. Plasma treatment of polymeric membranes
9. Wettability Analysis and Water absorption studies of plasma activated polymeric materials
10. Microscopic Analysis of plasma activated polymeric materials
11. Spectroscopic Analysis of plasma activated polymeric materials
12. SIMS and Nano SIMS Analysis of plasma activated polymeric materials
13. Scattering Techniques (Light, X-ray and Neutron) to analyse plasma activated polymeric materials
14. XPS Anaysis of plasma activated polymeric materials
15. Plasma modified polymeric materials for scaffolding of bone tissue engineering
16. Plasma modified polymeric materials for implant applications
17. Plasma modified polymeric materials for biosensors / bio device applications
18. Plasma modified polymeric materials for bio packaging
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 11th October 2018
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Sabu Thomas is currently Vice Chancellor of Mahatma Gandhi University and the Founder Director and Professor of the International and Interuniversity Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. He is also a full professor of Polymer Science and Engineering at the School of Chemical Sciences of Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India. Recently, because of the outstanding contributions to the field of Nanoscience and Polymer Science and Engineering, Prof. Thomas has been conferred Honoris Causa (DSc) Doctorate by the University of South Brittany, Lorient, France and University of Lorraine, Nancy, France. Very recently, Prof. Thomas has been awarded Senior Fulbright Fellowship to visit 20 Universities in the US and most productive faculty award in the domain of Materials Science.
Miran Mozetič is Professor and Head of the Department of Surface Engineering and Optoelectronics at the Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia. He is the leader of a research group working on generation and characterization of highly reactive gaseous plasma, interdisciplinary research on interaction of non-equilibrium plasma with organic materials, plasma nanoscience, as well as development of different technologies for
Professor and Head, Department of Surface Engineering and Optoelectronics, Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Uros Cvelbar is Senior Research Scientist and Deputy Head of the Department of Surface Engineering and Optoelectronics at the Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia. He also works part-time as professor and teaches mostly postgraduate courses in Ljubljana, and some other European Universities like the University of Barcelona, Tomas Bata University, and others.
Senior Research Scientist and Deputy Head, Department of Surface Engineering and Optoelectronics, Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Petr Špatenka is Head of the Department of Materials Engneering at the Czech Technical University in Prague. He is also Director of the Department of Applied Physics and Technoloy at the University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice, and Co-owner of SufaceTreat, a company focused on plasma technology.
Head of the Department of Materials Engneering, Czech Technical University, Prague
Praveen KM is a Research Scholar, International and Inter University Center for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mahatma Gandhi University, India, and Université de Bretagne-Sud, France
Research Scholar, International and Interuniversity Center for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mahatma Gandhi University, India, and Universite de Bretagne-Sud, France
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.