Non-Stoichiometric Compounds: Tungsten Bronzes, Vanadium Bronzes and Related Compounds deals with the chemistry of non-stoichiometric compounds such as tungsten bronzes and vanadium bronzes. Topics covered include the thermodynamic basis for lattice defects and non-stoichiometry; thermodynamics of binary crystals; non-stoichiometry in ionic crystals; and interaction of defects. A structural view of non-stoichiometric compounds is also presented.
Comprised of two parts, this volume begins with a historical account of developments in non-stoichiometry, focusing on the thermodynamic treatments and structural descriptions of non-stoichiometric compounds. The discussion then turns to the thermodynamic basis for lattice defects and non-stoichiometry, along with the thermodynamics of binary crystals and electronic defects in ionic crystals. Classical defect models are also described, and defect interactions in non-stoichiometric compounds are considered, together with the thermodynamics and crystallography in such compounds. The last section is devoted to tungsten bronzes, vanadium bronzes, and related compounds including bronzes of molybdenum, rhenium, niobium, tantalum, titanium, manganese, platinum, and palladium.
This book is intended for inorganic chemists.
Non-Stoichiometric Compounds: An Introductory Essay
2. The Thermodynamic Basis for Lattice Defects and Non-Stoichiometry
3. Thermodynamics of Binary Crystals
4. Non-Stoichiometry in Ionic Crystals: Electronic Defects
5. Experimental Data and the Classical Defect Models
6. Interaction of Defects: Variations on the Classical Theme
7. Non-Stoichiometric Compounds: A Structural View
8. An Overall View: Thermodynamics and Crystallography Reconciled
Tungsten Bronzes, Vanadium Bronzes and Related Compound
1. The Tungsten Bronzes
2. The Molybdenum Bronzes
3. The Rhenium Bronzes
4. The Niobium and Tantalum Bronzes
5. Vanadium Bronzes
6. The Bronzes of Titanium and Manganese
7. The Platinum and Palladium Bronzes
Contents of Comprehensive Inorganic Chemistry
- No. of pages:
- © Pergamon 1973
- 1st January 1973
- eBook ISBN: