- Print ISBN 9780123979469
- Electronic ISBN 9780123984876
Volume 45 of Advances in Child Development and Behavior includes chapters that highlight some the most recent research in the area of embodiment and epigenesis.
A wide array of topics are discussed in detail, including multiple trajectories in the developmental psychobiology of human handedness and the integration of culture and biology in human development.
Each chapter provides in-depth discussions, and this volume serves as an invaluable resource for developmental or educational psychology researchers, scholars, and students.
Chapters that highlight some of the most recent research in the area.
A wide array of topics are discussed in detail
Embodiment and Epigenesis: A View of the Issues
Richard M. Lerner and Janette B. Benson
- Dynamic Models of biological pattern formation have some surprising implications for understanding the epigenetics of development
Peter C. M. Molenaar and Lawrence Lo
- A Developmental Systems Approach to Executive Function
Ulrich Mueller, Lesley Baker and Emanuela Yeung
- No Genes for Intelligence in the Fluid Genome
- The Lost Study: A 1998 Adoption Study of Personality That Found No Genetic Relationship Between Birthparents and Their 240 Adopted-Away Biological Offspring
- A relational developmental systems approach to moral development
Jeremy I. M. Carpendale, Sherrie Atwood and Stuart I. Hammond
- Adolescent Rationality
- Developing through Relations: An Embodied Coactive Systems Framework
- Multiple trajectories in the developmental psychobiology of human handedness
George Michel, Eliza L. Nelson, Iryna Babik, Julie M. Campbell and Emily C. Marcinowski
- Positive Movement Experiences: Approaching the study of athletic participation, exercise, and leisure activity through relational developmental systems theory and the concept of embodiment
Jennifer P. Agans, Reidar Safvenbom, Edmond Bowers and Richard M. Lerner
- Integration of Culture and Biology in Human Development
- No. of pages:
- © 2013
- 31st May 2013
- Academic Press
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: