Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Since 1988, there has been much literature published on the chemistry of nitric oxide, particularly in the field of S-nitrosation and the chemistry of S-nitroso compounds. Written by a chemist for the chemistry community, this book provides an update of the chemistry of nitrosation reactions, dealing with both the synthetic and mechanistic aspects of these reactions. It also looks at the chemistry of nitric oxide in relation to the amazing biological properties of this simple diatomic molecule, which were unknown until around 1990.
- Provides an update on previously published literature on nitric oxide chemistry
- Contains chapters on reagents for nitrosation, nitrosation at nitrogen, aliphatic and aromatic carbon, oxygen, sulfur and metal centres
- Looks at hot research topics such as synthesis, properties and reactions of s-nitrosothiols
Researchers and consultants in the mechanistic, synthetic and biological chemistry industry
- Reagents effecting nitrosation.
- Nitrosation at nitrogen centres.
- The reactions of N-nitrosamines and related compounds.
- Aliphatic and alicyclic C-nitrosation.
- Aromatic C-nitrosation.
- Synthesis, properties and reactions of S-nitrosothiols.
- Nitrosation involving metal-nitrosyl complexes.
- The biological chemistry of nitric oxide.
- Nitric oxide in biological systems.
- Nitric oxide-releasing compounds (NO donors).
- Nitroxyl (HNO) and the nitroxyl anion (NO–).
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2004
- 9th October 2004
- Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Department of Chemistry, University of Durham, UK