The second edition of this popular engineering reference book, previously titles Newnes Electrical Engineer’s Handbook, provides a basic understanding of the underlying theory and operation of the major classes of electrical equipment.
With coverage including the key principles of electrical engineering and the design and operation of electrical equipment, the book uses clear descriptions and logical presentation of data to explain electrical power and its applications. Each chapter is written by leading professionals and academics, and many sections conclude with a summary of key standards.
The new edition is updated in line with recent advances in EMC, power quality and the structure and operation of power systems, making Newnes Electrical Power Engineer’s Handbook an invaluable guide for today’s electrical power engineer.
· A unique, concise reference book with contributions from eminent professionals in the field · Provides straightforward and practical explanations, plus key information needed by engineers on a day-to-day basis · Includes a summary of key standards at the end of each chapter
Technical engineers, engineering management and professional engineers who have a direct stake in electrical power plant and processes. Undergraduate and postgraduate electrical engineering students on electrical power engineering courses.
- Principles of electrical engineering
- Materials for electrical engineering
- Measurements and instrumentation
- Fuses and protection relays
- Wires and Cables
- Motors, motor control and drives
- Power electronic circuits and devices
- Batteries and fuel cells
- The power system
- Power quality and electromagnetic compatibility
- Electricity and potentially explosive atmospheres
- Principles of electrical safety
- No. of pages:
- © Newnes 2005
- 2nd June 2005
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
REMaCS: Consultancy and engineering support in the design, testing and performance of rotating electrical machinery, Bromsgrove, UK
REMaCS Engineering Consultancy, Bromsgrove, UK
"The book uses clear descriptions and logical presentation of data to explain electrical power and its applications." EPN, October 2005 "This second edition of this popular reference book provides a very good overview of the underlying theory and operation of electrical power components and power systems...This book provides surprisingly good technical descriptions of the basic operating principles of electrical power equipment and would be useful to electrical engineers that need to familiarize themselves with certain areas. Other engineers or managers who specify, utilize, or design these components, also would benefit from reading this book." - IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine, 2006