Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
New Polymer Nanocomposites for Environmental Remediation summarizes recent progress in the development of materials’ properties, fabrication methods and their applications for treatment of contaminants, pollutant sensing and detection. This book presents current research into how polymer nanocomposites can be used in environmental remediation, detailing major environmental issues, and key materials properties and existing polymers or nanomaterials that can solve these issues. The book covers the fundamental molecular structure of polymers used in environmental applications, the toxicology, economy and life-cycle analysis of polymer nanocomposites, and an analysis of potential future applications of these materials.
Recent research and development in polymer nanocomposites has inspired the progress and use of novel and cost-effective environmental applications.
- Presents critical, actionable guidelines to the structure and property design of nanocomposites in environmental remediation
- Focuses on taking technology out of the lab and into the real world
- Summarizes the latest developments in polymer nanocomposites and their applications in catalytic degradation, adsorptive removal and detection of contaminants in the environment
- Enables researchers to stay ahead of the curve, with a full discussion of regulatory issues and potential new applications and materials in this area
Academic and industrial researchers with backgrounds in polymer science, materials, chemistry, and chemical engineering – currently working in fields relating to materials with environmental remediation applications. Secondary interest for environmental scientists
1. Nanotechnology in Polymer Sciences
2. Polymer nanocomposite - a new direction towards environmental Remediation
3. Polymer nanocomposite Synthesis Varieties
4. Models and theoretical approaches for Polymer nanocomposites
5. Carbon Nanomaterials based Polymer nanocomposites for environmental Remediation
6. Polymer nanocomposites based membranes for environmental Remediation
7. Magnetic Polymer nanocomposites for environmental Remediation
8. Polymer nanocomposites based sensors for environmental Remediation
9. Toxicology of Polymer Nanocomposites
10. Economical Aspects of Polymer Nanocomposites in the environment
11. Legal Issues of Polymer Nanocomposites in the environment
12. Green and Sustainable Future-Polymer nanocomposites
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 27th February 2018
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Chaudhery Mustansar Hussain is an Adjunct Professor and Lab Director in the Department of Chemistry & Environmental Sciences at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, New Jersey, United States. His research is focused on Environmental Management, Nanotechnology & Advanced Materials, and Analytical Chemistry and Various Industries. Dr. Hussain is the author of numerous papers in peerreviewed journals as well as prolific author and editor of several scientific monographs and handbooks in his research areas published with Elsevier.
Department of Chemistry and EVSC, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ, USA
Prof. Ajay Kumar Mishra is a Research Professor in the Nanotechnology and Water Sustainability Research Unit at the University of South Africa. He obtained a B.Sc. in chemistry and a Ph.D. in bio-inorganic chemistry. His primary research interests are in nanoscience and nanotechnology, materials science, polymers, composites / nanocomposites, and water research. He is the editor of several books and published over 160 articles in international scientific journals. Prof Mishra currently awarded as Fellow and chartered scientist at a royal society of chemistry, UK
Research Professor, Nanotechnology and Water Sustainability (NanoWS) Research Unit, College of Science, Engineering and Technology, University of South Africa, Johannesburg, South Africa
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.