Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
New Materials in Civil Engineering provides engineers and scientists with the tools and methods needed to meet the challenge of designing and constructing more resilient and sustainable infrastructures. This book is a valuable guide to the properties, selection criteria, products, applications, lifecycle and recyclability of advanced materials. It presents an A-to-Z approach to all types of materials, highlighting their key performance properties, principal characteristics and applications. Traditional materials covered include concrete, soil, steel, timber, fly ash, geosynthetic, fiber-reinforced concrete, smart materials, carbon fiber and reinforced polymers. In addition, the book covers nanotechnology and biotechnology in the development of new materials.
- Covers a variety of materials, including fly ash, geosynthetic, fiber-reinforced concrete, smart materials, carbon fiber reinforced polymer and waste materials
- Provides a “one-stop” resource of information for the latest materials and practical applications
- Includes a variety of different use case studies
Civil Engineers, Structural Engineers, and Construction Engineers
1. An overview of cementitious construction materials
2. Computational intelligence for modeling of pavement surface characteristics
3. Computational intelligence for modeling of asphalt pavement surface distress
4. Expanded polystyrene geofoam
5. Recycling of industrial wastes for value-added applications in clay-based ceramic products: a global review (2015-19)
6. Emerging advancement of fiber-reinforced polymer composites in structural applications
7. Fiber-reinforced concrete and ultrahigh-performance fiber-reinforced concrete materials
8. The superplasticizer effect on the rheological and mechanical properties of self-compacting concrete
9. Trends and perspectives in the use of timber and derived products in building facades
10. Dynamic response of laminated composite plates fitted with piezoelectric actuators
11. Functional nanomaterials and their applications toward smart and green buildings
12. Production of sustainable concrete composites comprising waste metalized plastic fibers and palm oil fuel ash
13. Alkali-activated concrete systems: a state of art
14. Porous concrete pavement containing nanosilica from black rice husk ash
15. Porous alkali-activated materials
16. Lightweight cement-based materials
17. Development of alkali-activated binders from sodium silicate powder produced from industrial wastes
18. Innovative cement-based materials for environmental protection and restoration
19. Comparative effects of using recycled CFRP and GFRP fibers on fresh- and hardened-state properties of self-compacting concretes: a review
20. Corrosion inhibitors for increasing the service life of structures
21. Use of fly ash for the development of sustainable construction materials
22. An innovative and smart road construction material: thermochromic asphalt binders
23. Resin and steel-reinforced resin used as injection materials in bolted connections
24. Swelling behavior of expansive soils stabilized with expanded polystyrene geofoam inclusion
25. New generation of cement-based composites for civil engineering
26. Potential use of recycled aggregate as a self-healing concrete carrier
27. Self-healing concrete
28. Equations for prediction of rubberized concrete compressive strength: a literature review
29. Influence of cobinders on durability and mechanical properties of alkali-activated magnesium aluminosilicate binders from soapstone
30. Fly ash utilization in concrete tiles and paver blocks
31. Problems in short-fiber composites and analysis of chopped fiber-reinforced materials
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2020
- 23rd July 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor Pijush Samui is Associate Professor at National Institute of Technology, Patna, India. He is an established researcher in the application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) for solving different problems in engineering. Samui has published journal articles, peer reviewed conference papers, book chapters and 4 books. He is also holding the position of Visiting Professor at Far East Federal University (Russia).
Associate Professor, National Institute of Technology, Patna, India
Dookie Kim is Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering, and Director of the Structural System Laboratory, and of the BK21+ Global Geo-Environmental Engineering Research Team, at Kunsan National University, South Korea. Professor Kim has a broad experience in structural dynamics. He published journal articles, conference papers, book chapters and 2 books.
Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Kunsan National University, South Korea Director, Structural System Laboratory, Kunsan National University, South Korea Director, BK21+ Glocal Geo-Environmental Engineering Research Team, Kunsan National University, South Korea
Prof. Nagesh R. Iyer is a Fellow of the Indian National Academy of Engineering and currently Dean (Infrastructure, Planning & Support) & Visiting Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Dharwad. He has formerly held positions of Director, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, Coordinating Director, CSIR Madras Complex, Acting Director & Distinguished Emeritus Professor, AcSIR & Director, Engineering Coordination, CSIR, New Delhi.
experienced researcher and consultant in computer-aided structural analysis and design; linear & nonlinear transient dynamics; fatigue, fracture and damage mechanics analysis; experimental investigations & techniques; performance evaluation of structures; and health assessment & monitoring
Prof. Sandeep Chaudhary is currently working as Professor in the Discipline of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Indore, India. Before joining IIT Indore, he served as a faculty member in different capacities at MNIT Jaipur, India, for more than twenty years. His research group carries out both analytical and experimental studies, which range from microstructure studies to full-scale. He has Chaired “Technical Committee 1: Design” of the Asian Concrete Federation for three years and is presently heading “Standing Committee 1 (SC1): Design” of the Asian Concrete Federation.
Professor, Discipline of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Indore, Simrol, India. Prof Sandeep Chaudhary has vast experience in sustainable building materials and construction. Specifically, he has expertise in Microstructure of Concrete, Functionally Graded Concrete, Geopolymer Concrete, Novel Bricks and Blocks, and Steel-Concrete Composite Structures
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.