Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
New and Future Developments in Microbial Biotechnology and Bioengineering: Trends of Microbial Biotechnology for Sustainable Agriculture and Biomedicine Systems: Perspectives for Human Health discusses how microbial biotechnology helps us understand new strategies to reduce pathogens and drug resistance through microbial biotechnology. The most commonly used probiotic bacteria are Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium. Therefore, the probiotic strains exhibit powerful anti-inflammatory, antiallergic and other important properties. This new book provides an indispensable reference source for engineers/bioengineers, biochemists, biotechnologists, microbiologists, pharmacologists, and researchers who want to know about the unique properties of this microbe and explore its sustainable biomedicine future applications.
- Introduces the principles of microbial biotechnology and its application for sustainable biomedicine system
- Explores various microbes and their beneficial application for biofortification of crops for micronutrients
- Explains the potentials and significance of probiotics, prebiotics and synbiotics in health and disease
- Includes current applications of beneficial microbes as Functional Food Products of Pharmaceutical Importance
Researchers-Academia and Professionals
1. Microbial Biotechnology for Sustainable Biomedicine Systems
2. Microbe-Mediated Biofortification for Micronutrients: Present status and future challenges
3. Microalgae as Sustainable Food: Functional Food Products of Pharmaceutical Importance
4. Microbiological Aspect of Low Gastric Acid‐Induced Bacterial Overgrowth in the Small Intestine A Contributor to Malnutrition
5. Microbially Derived Biosensors for Diagnosis, Monitoring and Epidemiology for Future Biomedicine Systems
6. New Approaches to Antimicrobial Discovery: Current Development and Future Prospects
7. Discovery of Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria: Microbial and Molecular Approaches
8. Microbial Biofilms in the Human: Diversity and Potentials Significances in Health and Disease
9. Genetically Engineered Microbes for Sustainable Therapies
10. Metal‐based antimicrobial strategies: mechanisms, molecular targets, and application
11. Microbiome Therapies: Role of Microbial Biotechnology to Sustainable Development
12. Probiotics, Prebiotics and Synbiotics: Current Status and Future Uses for Human Health
13. Bacteria in Cancer Therapy: Strategies to Improvement and Future Directions
14. Phage therapy: Current Development and Future Prospects
15. Retrograde Signaling: A Novel Antifungal Drug Target
16. Gut Microbiome: Current Development, Challenges and Perspectives
17. Probiotics for humans: Current Status and Future Prospects
18. The Nutrition and Health Benefits of Yoghurt and Related Product: Current Need for Sustainable Biomedicine System
19. Biotechnological Applications of Beneficial Microbiomes for Evergreen Agriculture and Human Health
20. Microbial Biotechnology for Sustainable Biomedicine Systems: Conclusion and Future Visions
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 16th May 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Ali Asghar Rastegari is currently working as an assistant professor in the Faculty of Biological Science, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, Falavarjan Branch, Islamic Azad University, Isfahan, I.R. Iran. His areas 09 years of research and 13 years of teaching experiences in the field of Enzyme Biotechnology/ Nanobiotechnology, Biophysical Chemistry, Computational Biology, and Biomedicine. Dr. A.A. Rastegari gained a Ph.D. in Molecular Biophysics in 2009, the University of Science and Research, Tehran Branch, Iran; M.Sc. (Biophysics), in 1994 from Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, the University of Tehran, and B.Sc. (Microbiology) in 1990 from the University of Isfahan, Iran. In his honor 39 Publications [21 Research papers, 02 Book, 16 Book chapters] in various supposed international, national journals and publishers. He is editors of 02 books in Elsevier , 02 in CRC press, Taylor & Francis and 06 in Springer, under the process of publication. He has issued 12 abstracts in different conferences/symposiums/workshops. He has presented 02 papers presented at national and international conferences/symposiums. Dr. Rastegari has delivered to organizing 03 conference/workshops. In his validity 01, SUB2459130 of Homo sapiens apolipoprotein C3 (APOC3), mRNA with a single nucleotide variant and accession: SCV000555657.1 in NM_000040.1(APOC3):c.55C>T (p.Arg19Ter) located on NCBI(ClinVar) database at recorded 2019. Dr. Rastegari is a reviewer of different international journals including Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering (Elsevier), Symbiosis Journal (Springer), Cellulose (Springer), Frontiers in Microbiology, Scientific Report( Springer Nature), Biotechnology Progress(Wiley), Mycosphere, The 2nd International Conference on New Energy and Future Energy System(NEFES2017), The 3nd International Conference on New Energy and Future Energy System(NEFES2018), Nanomedicine Journal, and Iranian Journal of Plant Biology and got 02 Award, Certificate of Reviewing, Awarded Sep., 2017, and In Recognition of the Review made for JECE (Elsevier) and Certificate of Outstanding Contribution in Reviewing, Feb. 2017, In Recognition of the Contributions made to the Quality for JECE (Elsevier). He has a lifetime membership of Iranian Society for Trace Elements Research (ISTER), The Biochemical Society of I.R.IRAN, Member of Society for Bioinformatics in Northern Europe (SocBiN), Membership of Boston Area Molecular Biology Computer Types (BAMBCT), Bioinformatics/ Computational Biology Student Society (BIMATICS Membership), Ensemble genome database and Neuroimaging Informatics Tools and Resources Clearinghouse (NITRC).
Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Biological Science, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, Falavarjan Branch, Islamic Azad University, Isfahan, I.R. Iran;
Dr. Ajar Nath Yadav is an Assistant Professor in Department of Biotechnology, Akal College of Agriculture, Eternal University, Baru Sahib, Himachal Pradesh, India, has 09 years of research and 03 years of teaching experiences in field of Microbial Biotechnology, Microbial Diversity, Plant-Microbe-Interactions and Environmental Microbiology. Dr. Yadav obtained doctorate degree in Microbial Biotechnology in 2016, jointly from Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi and Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, India; M.Sc. (Microbial Biotechnology), in 2009 from Bundelkhand University and B.Sc. (CBZ) in 2007 from University of Allahabad, India. In his credit 84 Publications [31 Research papers, 07 Review articles, 05 Books, 28 Book chapters, 06 Popular articles, 04 Editorials, 02 Technical reports and 01 Patent] in different reputed international, national journals and publishers. He has published 100 abstracts in different conferences/symposiums/workshops. He has presented 19 papers presentation in national and international conferences/symposiums and got 09 best paper presentations Award, Young Scientist Award (NASI-Swarna Jyanti Purskar-2013) and 02 certificates of excellence in reviewing Award. Dr. Yadav has contributed in organizing 06 conference/workshops. In his credit >6700 microbes (Archaea, bacteria and fungi) isolated from diverse sources and >550 potential and efficient microbes deposited at culture collection ICAR-National Bureau of Agriculturally Important Microorganisms (NBAIM), Mau, India and has deposited 2386 nucleotide sequences, 03 whole genome sequences (Bacillus thuringiensis AKS47, Arthrobacter agilis L77 and Halolamina pelagica CDK2) and 02 transcriptome to NCBI GenBank databases: in public domain. Niche-specific microbes from extreme environments were reported as specific bio-inoculants (Biofertilizers) for crops growing in normal and diverse abiotic stress conditions. Dr. Yadav and group have developed method/technology for screening of archaea for phosphorus solubilization for the first time. Dr. Yadav is editor/associate editor/reviewer of different international journals including Nature-Scientific Reports, Microbial Ecology; PlosOne, Frontier in Microbiology, Springer Plus, Annals of Microbiology, Journal of Basic Microbiology, Advance in Microbiology and Biotechnology. He has lifetime membership of Association of Microbiologist in India, Indian Science Congress Council, India and National Academy of Sciences, India.
Department of Biotechnology, Eternal University, Himachal Pradesh, India
Ms. Neelam Yadav is currently working microbial diversity from diverse sources and its applications in agriculture, industry, medicine and related sectors. She obtained her Post graduation degree in Food and Nutrition in 2015 from Gopi Nath P.G. College, Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University, Deoli–Salamatpur, Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh, India. She has research interest in the area of Probiotics microbes, Human microbiota, and beneficial microbiomes for human health. In her credit 10 Publications in different reputed international, national journals and publishers. She has published 19 abstracts in different conferences/symposiums/workshops. She has presented 9 papers presentation in national and international conferences/symposiums and got 02 best paper presentations Award, and 01 certificates of excellence in reviewing Award. In her credit >1700 microbes (Archaea, bacteria and fungi) isolated from diverse sources and >115 potential and efficient microbes deposited at culture collection. She has deposited 295 nucleotide sequences to NCBI GenBank databases: in public domain. She is Editor/associate editor/reviewer of different international and national journals including. She has the lifetime membership of Association of microbiologist in India, Indian Science Congress Council, India and National Academy of Sciences, India.
Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University, Uttar Pradesh, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.