Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Neutron Scattering from Magnetic Materials is a comprehensive account of the present state of the art in the use of the neutron scattering for the study of magnetic materials. The chapters have been written by well-known researchers who are at the forefront of this field and have contributed directly to the development of the techniques described. Neutron scattering probes magnetic phenomena directly. The generalized magnetic susceptibility, which can be expressed as a function of wave vector and energy, contains all the information there is to know about the statics and dynamics of a magnetic system and this quantity is directly related to the neutron scattering cross section. Polarized neutron scattering techniques raise the sophistication of measurements to even greater levels and gives additional information in many cases. The present book is largely devoted to the application of polarized neutron scattering to the study of magnetic materials. It will be of particular interest to graduate students and researchers who plan to investigate magnetic materials using neutron scattering.
· Written by a group of scientist who have contributed directly in developing the techniques described.
· A complete treatment of the polarized neutron scattering not available in literature.
· Gives practical hits to solve magnetic structure and determine exchange interactions in magnetic solids.
· Application of neutron scattering to the study of the novel electronic materials.
Researchers who are interested in using neutron scattering for the study of magnetic materials
List of Contributors
1. Magnetic Neutron Scattering (T. Chatterji)
2. Magnetic Structures (T. Chatterji)
3. Representation Analysis of Magnetic Structures (R. Ballou and B. Ouladdiaf)
4. Polarized Neutrons and Polarization Analysis (J. Schweizer)
5. Spherical Neutron Polarimetry (P.J. Brown)
6. Magnetic Excitations (T. Chatterji)
7. Paramagnetic and Critical Scattering (T. Chatterji)
8. Inelastic Neutron Polarization Analysis (L.P. Regnault)
9. Polarized Neutron Reflectometry (C.F. Majkrzak, K.V. O’Donovan and N.F. Berk)
10. Small Angle Neutron Scattering Investigations of Magnetic Nanostructures (A. Wiedenmann)
11. Neutron-Spin-Echo Spectroscopy and Magnetism (C. Pappas, G. Ehlers and F. Mezei)
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2005
- 29th November 2005
- Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
The author is a well-known condensed matter physicist who has published 170 papers, several review articles and book chapters. He has edited a recent book “Colossal Magnetoresistive Manganites”, Kluwer Academic Press, 2004. He also edited the neutron scattering section of the Encyclopedic book “Scattering: Scattering and Inverse Scattering in Pure and Applied Science, Ed. R. Pike and P. Sabatier, Academic Press (2002).
Institut Laue Langevin, Grenoble, France.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.