@bul:* Convenient benchtop format
* Methods presented for easy adaptation to new systems
* A virtual "A-B-C" of commonly used and available toxins
* Comprehensive protocols included for the use of alpha toxin, apamin, batrachotoxin; botulina toxin, bungarotoxin; channel ligands: agonists and antagonists; capsaicin; charybdotoxin, ciguatoxin; Clostridium botulinum neurotoxin; cholera toxin (choleragen); conotoxin; dendrotoxin; endothelin; fasciculin; geographutoxin; latrotoxin; natural toxins; neosurgatoxin; palytoxin; pertussis toxin; resiniferatoxin; sarafotoxin; scorpion toxin; snake venom toxins
Table of Contents
- Comparison of Alpha Toxin of Staphylococcus and Aerolysin for Formation of Ion-Permeable Channels. Apamin: A Probe for Low Conductance, Calcium-Activated Potassium Channels. Batrachotoxinin A [3H]Benzoate Binding to Sodium Channels. Botulinal Neurotoxins: Mode of Action on Neurotransmitter Release. Botulinum Toxin as a Tool in Neurobiology. *ga-Bungarotoxin Receptor from Chick Optic Lobe: Biochemical, Immunological, and Pharmacological Characterization. Channel Ligands Used to Probe Role of Voltage-Sensitive Calcium-Ion Channels in Neuropeptide Release.
Modulation of Acetylcholine Release by Calcium Channel Antagonists. Capsaicin: A Probe for Studying Specific Neuronal Populations in Brain and Retina. Charybdotoxin in Study of Voltage-Dependent Potassium Channels. Ciguatoxin: A Tool for Research on Sodium-Dependent Mechanisms. Purification and Radiolabeling of Clostridium botulinium Type F Neurotoxin. Retrograde Tracing with Cholera Toxin B*b1Gold or with Immunocytochemically Detected Cholera Toxin B in Central Nervous System. *gu-Conotoxin: Calcium Currents and Neurosecretion. *gu-Conotoxin GVIA and Its Receptors. Dendrotoxin Acceptor
Sites: Identification and Labeling of Brain Potassium Channels. Endothelins and Sarafotoxin in Neural Tissues. Fasciculin: Neuropharmacology of Potent Anticholinesterase Polypeptide. Geographutoxins. Presynaptic Activity of *ga-Latrotoxin: Purification and Properties. Natural Toxins in Study of Degeneration and Regeneration of Skeletal
Muscle. Neosurugatoxin: A Probe for Neuronal Nicotinic Receptors in Adrenal Medulla, Brain, and Ganglia. Neurotoxins as Tools in Characterization of *gg-Aminobutyric Acid-Activated Chloride Channels. Palytoxin: Characterization of Mode of Action in Excitable Cells. Palytoxin: Mechanism of Acidifying Action in Excitable Cells. Pertussis Toxin in Analysis of Receptor Mechanisms. Resiniferatoxin. Scorpion Toxins Affecting Insects. Potassium Channel-Blocking Toxins from Snake Venoms and Neuromuscular Transmission. Each chapter includes references. Index.
- No. of pages: 423
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 1992
- Published: February 26, 1992
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9781483284880
About the Editor
P. Michael Conn
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Neurotoxins"