Neurostimulation for the Treatment of Chronic Pain - a volume in the new Interventional and Neuromodulatory Techniques for Pain Management series - presents state-of-the-art guidance on the full range of neuromodulation techniques performed today. Salim Hayek, MD, PhD and Robert Levy, MD, PhD offer expert advice on a variety of spinal cord, peripheral nerve, and peripheral nerve field stimulation procedures to treat chronic pain. Comprehensive, evidence-based coverage on selecting and performing these techniques - as well as weighing relative risks and complications - helps you ensure optimum outcomes. With access to the fully searchable text at www.expertconsult.com, you’ll have the detailed visual assistance you need right at your fingertips.
- Understand the rationale and scientific evidence behind interventional and neuromodulatory techniques and master their execution.
- Optimize outcomes, reduce complications, and minimize risks by adhering to current, evidence-based practice guidelines.
- Apply the newest developments in motor cortex stimulation, deep brain stimulation, peripheral nerve stimulation, and spinal cord stimulation.
- Quickly find the information you need in a user-friendly format with strictly templated chapters supplemented with illustrative line drawings, images, and treatment algorithms.
- Access the fully searchable contents, plus bonus procedural videos, at expertconsult.com.
1. History of Neurostimulation
2 Mechanisms of Spinal Neuromodulation
3 Medical Considerations in Spinal Cord Stimulation
4 Patient Selection: Psychological Considerations
5 Spinal Cord Stimulation: General Indications
6 Spinal Cord Stimulation: Implantation Techniques
7 Spinal Cord Stimulation: Parameter Selection and Equipment Choices
8 Spinal Cord Stimulation as a Treatment of Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
9 Neurostimulation in Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
10 Spinal Cord Stimulation for Peripheral Vascular Disease
11 Spinal Cord Stimulation for Refractory Angina and Peripheral Vascular Disease
12 Spinal Cord Stimulation for Visceral Abdominal Pain
13 Nerve Root, Sacral and Pelvic Stimulation
14 Emerging Indications and Other Applications of Spinal Cord Stimulation
15 Complications of Spinal Cord Stimulation
16 Peripheral Nerve Stimulation
17 Peripheral Nerve Stimulation: Open Technique
18 Peripheral Nerve Stimulation: Percutaneous Technique
19 Occipital Neurostimulation
20 Peripheral Subcutaneous Stimulation for intractable pain
21 Motor Cortex Stimulation for Relief of Chronic Pain
22 Deep Brain Stimulation
23 Coding and Billing for Neurostimulation
24 Cost-Effectiveness of Neurostimulation
25 The Future of Neurostimulation
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN: