Neuromuscular Disorders presents a multi-disciplinary approach to the management and therapeutic treatment of the full range of neuromuscular disorders and resulting complications. Dr. Tulio Bertorini and a contributing team of the world’s leading authorities in the field provide the latest tools and strategies for minimizing disability and maximizing quality of life…in print and online at expertconsult.com.
- Access the fully searchable text online at expertconsult.com, along with a downloadable image library and links to PubMed.
- Effectively treat your patients using the latest management tools and targeted therapeutic strategies.
- Manage all neuromuscular disorders as well as resulting complications through comprehensive coverage of diagnosis and evaluations, treatments, and outcomes.
- Apply the multi-disciplinary approach of an expert in clinical neuromuscular care and a team of world-renown contributors.
- Easily refer to tools for diagnosis, treatment algorithms, and drug tables included throughout the text.
General Principles in the Treatment and Management of Neuromuscular Disorders
Introduction Evaluation of Patients with Neuromuscular Disorders 3 19
Respiratory Complications in Neuromuscular Disorders 21 32
Cardiac Complications of Neuromuscular Disorders 33 50
Gastrointestinal Complications of Neuromuscular Disorders 51 60
Autonomic Dysfunction in Neuromuscular Disorders 61 77
A Practical Approach to the Treatment of Painful Polyneuropathies 79 99
Principles and Guidelines of Immunotherapy in Neuromuscular Disorders 101 113
Rehabilitation in Neuromuscular Disorders 115 136
Orthopedic Surgery in Neuromuscular Disorders 137 153
Perioperative Management of Patients with Neuromuscular Disorders 155 166
Treatment and Management of Specific Neuromuscular Disorders
Treatment and Management of Adult Motor Neuron Diseases 169 178
Treatment and Management of Spinal Muscular Atrophy and Congenital Myopathies 179 189
Treatment and Management of Hereditary Neuropathies 191 213
Treatment and Management of Autoimmune Neuropathies 215 235
Treatment and Management of Infectious, Granulomatous, and Toxic Neuromuscular Disorders 237 260
Treatment and Management of Segmental Neuromuscular Disorders 261 284
Treatment and Management of Disorders of Neuromuscular Hyperexcitability 285 306
Treatment and Management of Disorders of the Neuromuscular Junction 307 342
Treatment and Management of Muscular Dystrophies 343 372
Neuromuscular Manifestations of Acquired Metabolic, Endocrine, and Nutritional Disorders 373 393
Treatment and Management of Autoimmune Myopathies 395 407
Treatment and Management of Hereditary Metabolic Myopathies 409 429
Index 431 452
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2010
- 8th September 2010
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor of Neurology and Pathology, University of Tennessee, Center for Health Science Center, Memphis; Chief of Neurology, Methodist University Hospital; Director, Wesley Neurology Clinic and Muscular Dystrophy and ALS Clinic, Memphis, TN, USA