Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
SECTION I. Acute neurologic disorders during pregnancy
1. Ischemic stroke and cerebral venous sinus thrombosis in pregnancy
2. Intracerebral and subarachnoid hemorrhage in pregnancy
3. Traumatic brain injury in pregnancy
4. Preeclampsia, eclampsia, and posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome
5. Neurologic infections during pregnancy
6. Neuroimmunologic disorders in pregnancy
7. Acute psychiatric illness and drug addiction during pregnancy and the puerperium
8. Mononeuropathies in pregnancy
SECTION II. Management of chronic neurologic disorders during pregnancy
10. Sleep and sleep disorders in pregnancy
11. Migraine and other headache disorders in pregnancy
12. Neuromuscular disorders in pregnancy
13. Movement disorders in pregnancy
14. Benign and malignant tumors of the central nervous system and pregnancy
Neurology and Pregnancy provides a comprehensive multidisciplinary guide to best practices for research and practicing neurologists, as well as obstetricians and other specialists caring for women with an acute or chronic neurological disorder. The book encompasses preconception care, genetic counseling, pregnancy in patients with chronic neurological disorders, and acute pregnancy-related neurological complications. Postpartum care and complications, including lactation concerns, are also addressed, as well as the long-term effects of pregnancy and its complications on maternal brain health.
Vol 1 summarizes the complex neurophysiological changes in pregnancy from a basic and translational science perspective. This includes neuroimaging, principles of neuro-obstetric critical care, and ethical and medicolegal concerns, describes normal fetal cerebral development and summarizes the management of the most common prenatal neurological diagnoses. Vol 2 focuses on chronic neurological conditions in pregnancy such as epilepsy, migraine, and multiple sclerosis, as well as acute neurological disorders including preeclampsia/ eclampsia, ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke, and CNS infections.
Each chapter introduction includes data on epidemiology, when applicable. In discussing management, comments of safety profiles of medications preconceptionally, during pregnancy and lactation are summarized. Each chapter includes 1-2 illustrative cases.
- Encompasses both chronic and acute neurological disorders in pregnancy
- Includes epilepsy, sleep disorders, MS, headaches, neuromuscular disorders
- Covers spinal injury and movement disorders
- Contains cerebrovascular diseases and brain tumors
- Examines stroke, hemorrhage, TBI, preeclampsia and more
- Supplies illustrative case study examples
Researchers in neuroscience and neurology, psychology, psychiatry; medical neurologists
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 5th August 2020
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Eric A.P. Steegers is a gynecologist and head of the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Erasmus MC, The Netherlands
Marilyn J. Cipolla studies cerebrovascular disease, stroke and brain injury associated with preeclampsia and eclampsia in the Department of Neurological Sciences, Larner College of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, United States.
Departments of Neurological Sciences, Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences, and Pharmacology, Larner College of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, United States
Eliza C. Miller is a vascular neurologist and Assistant Professor of Neurology at Columbia University, New York, NY.
Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons; New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Irving Medical Center, New York, NY, United States.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.