Whether your goal is to be a physical therapist or a physical therapist assistant, this book’s comprehensive content will give you in-depth knowledge on the role of neurologic rehabilitation in the treatment of adults and children with neuromuscular impairments and explores concepts in neuroanatomy, motor control and motor learning, and motor development. Neurologic Interventions for Physical Therapy, 4th Edition provides a current framework for neurologic practice and focuses on the precise links between the pathophysiology of neurologic conditions and possible interventions to improve movement outcomes. The text also includes a new chapter on Autism Spectrum Disorder. Helpful learning aids in each chapter include objectives and summaries, open-ended review questions, line drawings and photos, step-by-step illustrated intervention boxes, tables, and charts.
- Comprehensive content on the role of neurologic rehabilitation focuses on the treatment of adults and children with neuromuscular impairments and explores concepts in neuroanatomy, motor control and motor learning, and motor development.
- Open-ended review questions at the end of each chapter allow you to test your knowledge of material covered in the chapter.
- Case studies include subjective and objective observation, assessment, planning, and critical decision-making components, and provide context for you regarding the patient examination and treatment process.
- The text uses the language of the APTA Guide to Physical Therapist Practice to ensure you are complying with the APTA best practices.
- Over 700 illustrations and photographs detailing anatomy, physiology, evaluation, pathology, and treatment enhance your learning resources.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
SECTION 1: FOUNDATIONS
1. The Roles of the Physical Therapist and Physical Therapist Assistant in Neurologic Rehabilitation
3. Motor Control and Motor Learning
4. Motor Development
SECTION 2: CHILDREN
5. Positioning and Handling to Foster Motor Function
6. Cerebral Palsy
8. Genetic Disorders
9. Autism Spectrum Disorder
SECTION 3: ADULTS
10. Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation
12. Traumatic Brain Injuries
13. Spinal Cord Injuries
14. Other Neurologic Disorders
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 1st June 2020
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor Emerita of Physical Therapy, University of Evansville, Evansville, IN
Dean, College of Education and Health Sciences, University of Evansville, Evansville, IN