Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
This second edition of Neurologic Emergencies in Infancy and Childhood is written in response to colleagues who have requested an updated version of the book because of numerous advances in child neurology and medicine in general since the first offering. The chapters were designed for easy use in emergency and general medical situations and all chapters have been revised, rewritten, or replaced. This book is organized into 21 chapters written by 31 contributors. A separate section on spinal cord disorders has greatly expanded the previous chapter on myelomeningocele and it includes a discussion on spinal cord trauma and other causes of paraplegia. A separate chapter on psychiatric emergencies possibly presenting with neurologic signs or symptoms has been added. The chapters also contain information concerning drug dosages and the use of newer agents, including antibiotics, antiepileptics and other drugs. This book will be of interest to persons dealing with studies on the management of neurologic emergencies.
1. Neonatal Intracranial Hemorrhage and Hypoxia
2. Neonatal Seizures
3. Infant Apnea, Life-Threatening Events, and Sudden Infant Death
4. Increased Intracranial Pressure: Theoretical Considerations
5. Monitoring and Management of Increased Intracranial Pressure
6. Central Nervous System Trauma
7. Diagnosis and Management of Coma in Children
8. Spinal Cord Trauma and Associated Disorders
10. Status Epilepticus
11. Acute Therapy of Childhood Stroke
12. Acute Ataxia
13. Central Nervous System Infections
14. Pediatrie Neuromuscular Emergencies
Eye Movement Disorders
16. Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders
17. Psychiatric Syndromes Presenting as Neurologic Emergencies
18. Brain Death
19. Neuroradiologic Evaluation of Pédiatrie Emergencies
20. Emergency Use of Electroencephalography
21. Emergency Use of Electromyography
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 1993
- 25th May 1993
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.