Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Neurobiological aspects of pain in the context of alcohol use disorder
Jessica A. Cucinello-Ragland and Scott Edwards
2. Pain, negative affective states and opioid-based analgesics: Safer pain therapies to dampen addiction
Nicolas Massaly, Tamara Markovic, Meaghan Creed, Ream Al-Hasani, Catherine M. Cahill and Jose A. Moron
3. The neural, behavioral, and epidemiological underpinnings of comorbid alcohol use disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder
Hannah N. Carlson and Jeff L. Weiner
4. Cannabis use and posttraumatic stress disorder comorbidity: Epidemiology, biology and the potential for novel treatment approaches
Veronika Kondev, Nathan Winters and Sachin Patel
5. Traumatic brain injury and the misuse of alcohol, opioids, and cannabis
Alejandra Jacotte-Simancas, Elizabeth A. Fucich, Zachary F. Stielper and Patricia E. Molina
6. Depression and substance use disorders: Clinical comorbidity and shared neurobiology
Cali A. Calarco and Mary Kay Lobo
7. The role of gut-immune-brain signaling in substance use disorders
Kelsey E. Lucerne and Drew D. Kiraly
8. Bidirectional causality between addiction and cognitive deficits
Patrick R. Melugin, Suzanne O. Nolan and Cody A. Siciliano
9. Drug addiction co-morbidity with alcohol: Neurobiological insights
M. Adrienne McGinn, Caroline B. Pantazis, Brendan J. Tunstall, Renata C.N. Marchette, Erika R. Carlson, Nadia Said, George F. Koob and Leandro F. Vendruscolo
Neurobiology of Addiction and Comorbid Disorders, Volume 156, in the International Review of Neurobiology series, highlights new advances in the field of neurobiology, with this new volume presenting interesting chapters on topics such as Pain + Alcohol, Pain + Opioids, Traumatic Stress + Alcohol, Traumatic Stress + Cannabinoids, Traumatic Brain Injury and the Misuse of Alcohol, Opioids, and Cannabis, Depression + Addiction, Microbiome/cytokines + Addiction, Cognitive disorders + Alcohol, Neural stem cells, Neurogenesis and Addiction, Food Addiction, and Poly-drug Addiction.
- Provides the authority and expertise of leading contributors from an international board of authors
- Presents the latest release in the International Review of Neurobiology series
- Updated release includes the latest information on the Neurobiology of Addiction and Co-Morbid Disorders
Undergraduates, graduates, academics and researchers in the field of neurobiology
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 25th February 2021
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Erin S. Calipari is at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, USA
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, USA
Dr Nicholas Gilpin completed his undergraduate training in Psychology at University of Texas at Austin, and his Ph.D. in Psychobiology at Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis. During graduate training, he worked with genetic models of susceptibility to alcoholism. He went on to complete a post-doctoral fellowship in the labs of Drs. George Koob and Marisa Roberto at The Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, CA, where he used behavioral pharmacology & electrophysiology techniques to explore neural and behavioral dysregulation associated with alcohol dependence. He remains interested in questions of addiction, and is especially interested in understanding why and how alcohol addiction is co-morbid with addiction to other drugs and other psychiatric conditions. His interests also include questions related to subpopulations of addicts and individual differences in propensity to consume alcohol and drugs.
LSU Health Sciences Center, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.