Effectively identify and manage neuro-ophthalmic conditions with expert advice from today’s leading international authorities — all at the forefront of clinical practice and research! This volume in the Blue Books of Neurology series provides essential, current information on the clinical features, differential diagnosis, and management of a wide range of conditions you see in practice.
- Presents the practice-proven experience of internationally recognized experts who provide global perspectives on the subject.
- Features superb color images
- Includes discussions of the neuro-ophthalmic examination, guiding you through the differential diagnosis and key features of a variety of neuro-ophthalmic problems.
- Distinguishes neuro-ophthalmic disorders from other conditions that present with similar symptoms, enabling you to avoid misdiagnoses.
- Covers common as well as more urgent neuro-ophthalmic conditions – including Papilloedema and optic neuropathies.
- Describes how to make the most effective use of the latest neuroimaging techniques and pharmacologic treatments.
1. Neuro-ophthalmologic Anatomy and examination Techniques
2. Is It a neuroophthalmic problem? If Not, What Else Could It Be?
3. Transient Monocular Visual Loss
4. Ischemic Optic Neuropathies
5. Optic Neuritis
6. Other Inflammatory Optic Neuropathies
7. Herditary Optic Neuropathies
8. Papilloedema and IIH
9. Orbital Disorders
10. Primary and Secondary Tumors of the Optic Nerve and its Sheath
12. Ocular Motility Disorders and Nystagmus
13. Cortical Visual Disorders
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2008
- 26th March 2008
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: