This volume represents the second edition of the classic Nerve Injury and Repair which was first published in 1988. The focus is on nerve repair and reconstruction today and tomorrow with emphasis on biological mechanisms, clinical treatment and functional remodelling in brain cortex as a consequence of nerve injury. The volume is extremely well illustrated with numerous original schematic drawings illustrating complex mechanisms in a very easy way. Special sections are devoted to hand sensation, sensory re-education and sensory re-learning after nerve injury and repair with emphasis on evolving concepts of brain plasticity mechanisms. The book addresses primarily surgeons in the fields of hand-, plastic-, orthopaedic- and neurosurgery, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and physicians working in the field of hand rehabilitation and neurologists and neuroscientists. The book has a substantial value also for students due to the many drawings and its comprehensive format
- Addresses several categories including surgeons, occupational and physiotherapists, neurologists, neuroscientists and students
- Emphasis on the illustration part with a large number of original drawings by special artist. Numerous color plates.
- The whole panorama of nerve injury and repair is covered in one volume
- Biological mechanisms reviewed together with the clinical approach to nerve injuries, hereby providing a rational for clinical handling.
- The author is well known and has a world reputation in the field.
Chapter 1 Defining the Problem
Chapter 2 The Dynamic Nerve Cell
Chapter 3 The Nerve Trunk
Chapter 4 Acute Nerve Compression
Chapter 5 Chronic Nerve Compression
Chapter 6 Regeneration and Experimental Nerve Repair
Chapter 7 Clinical Nerve Repair and Reconstruction
Chapter 8 Sensation and Sensorimotor Integration in Hand Function
Chapter 9 Brain Plasticity and Cortical Remodeling
Chapter 10 Sensory Relearning and Sensory Re-education
Chapter 11 Assessment of Outcome after Nerve Repair
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2005
- 8th April 2005
- Churchill Livingstone
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: