Section A: Placenta and Fetal Water Flux
1. Water Flux and fetal Amniotic Fluid Volume: Understanding Fetal Water Flow
2. Body water changes in the Fetus and Newborn: Normal Transition after Birth and the Effects of Intrauterine Growth Abberation
Section B: Electrolyte Balance during Normal Fetal and Neonatal Development
3. Renal Aspects of Sodium Metabolism in the Fetus and Newborn
4. Potassium metabolism
5. Renal Urate Metabolism in the Fetus and Newborn
6. Perinatal Calcium and Phosphate Metabolism
7. Acid-base Homeostasis in the Fetus and Newborn
Section C: The Kidney, Normal Development and Hormonal Control
8. Glomerular Filtration Rate in Neonates
Section D: Special Problems
9. The Developing Kidney and the Fetal Origins of Adult Cardiovascular Disease
10. Renin Modulation: Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System
11. Renal Modulation: Arginine Vasopressin and Atrieal Natriuretic Peptide
12. Acute Problems of Prematurity: Balancing Fluid Volume and Electrolyte Replacement in Very Low Birth Weight and Extremely Low Birth Weight Neonates
13. Lung Fluid Balance in Developing Lungs and Its Role in Neonatal Transition
14. Use of Diurects in the Newborn
15. Neonatal Hypertension: Diagnosis and Management
17. Kidney Injury in the Neonate
18. Hereditary Tubulopathies
19. Obstructive Uropathies: Assessment of Renal Function in the Fetus
Nephrology and Fluid/Electrolyte Physiology, a volume in Dr. Polin’s Neonatology: Questions and Controversies Series, offers expert authority on the toughest neonatal nephrology and fluid/electrolyte challenges you face in your practice. This medical reference book will help you provide better evidence-based care and improve patient outcomes with research on the latest advances.
- Reconsider how you handle difficult practice issues with coverage that addresses these topics head on and offers opinions from the leading experts in the field, supported by evidence whenever possible.
- Find information quickly and easily with a consistent chapter organization.
- Get the most authoritative advice available from world-class neonatologists who have the inside track on new trends and developments in neonatal care.
- Purchase each volume individually, or get the entire 6-volume set, which includes online access that allows you to search across all titles!
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2012
- 12th March 2012
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor of Pediatrics, Alpert School of Medicine, Brown University; Attending Neonatologist, Women and Infants' Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island
Honorary Professor of Pediatrics, Lausanne University Medical School, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Professor of Pediatrics, Children's National Medical Center; Department of Pediatrics, George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, District of Columbia