"I had always thought that publishing an article was the end of research, but now I realise how pivotal knowledge translation is to improving healthcare."
Now in its fifth edition, Navigating the Maze of Research provides up-to-date, introductory thinking behind research and research processes with clear examples of application to clinical practice.
The text effectively explains research by breaking down processes into three separate and easy-to-understand sections. The fifth edition contextualises the research process by embedding case studies and quotes throughout, and includes student challenges for practice and revision.
Section 1 – Laying the foundations: finding it fast and reading it well
1. Introduction to nursing and midwifery research
2. Using library resources, What, when and how?
3. Conducting and writing a literature review
4. The research and social media relationship
Section 2 – Building on foundations: talking the talk
5. Navigating nursing and midwifery research ethics
6. Quantitative Research
7. Qualitative research
8. Mixed methods research
9. Indigenous insights into nursing and midwifery research
Section 3 – Consolidating: walking the walk
10. Reading and appraising research
11. Knowledge translation of research findings: challenges and strategies
12. Bringing it all together: an application of the research process
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 28th June 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor, School of Nursing and Midwifery Griffith University, Logan Campus, Australia
Faculty of Health, University of Technology (UTS), Sydney, Australia
Associate Professor in Nursing (Primary Health Care) Joint appointment with Hunter New England Health Armidale NSW, Australia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.