Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Natural Polysaccharides in Drug Delivery and Biomedical Applications provides a fundamental overview of natural polysaccharides, their sources, extraction methodologies, and characterizations. It covers specific natural polysaccharides and their effective application in drug delivery and biomedical use. Additionally, chapters in the book discuss key topics including the sources and extraction methodologies of natural polysaccharides, their role in tissue engineering applications, polysaccharide-based nanoparticles in biomedical applications, and their role in the delivery of anticancer drugs. Written by industry leaders and edited by experts, this book emphasizes recent advances made in the field.
Natural Polysaccharides in Drug Delivery and Biomedical Applications provides academics, researchers, and pharmaceutical health care professionals with a comprehensive book on polysaccharides in pharmaceutical delivery process.
- Provides fundamental concepts of natural polysaccharides as it applies to the pharmaceutical, biomedical, and biotechnology industries
- Includes contributions from global leaders and experts from academia, industry, and regulatory agencies in the application of natural polysaccharides in pharmaceutical products and biomedical utilization
- Offers practical examples, illustrations, chemical structures, and research case studies to help explain natural polysaccharides concepts in drug delivery and biomedical applications
Pharmaceutical scientists including industrial pharmacists, analytical scientists, health care professionals, and regulatory scientists actively involved in pharmaceutical product and process development of natural polysaccharides containing drug delivery; Academics, post graduate and fellows studying usage of natural polymers for biomedical application and drug delivery
1. Natural polysaccharides: sources and extraction methodologies
2. Pharmaceutical applications of natural polysaccharides
3. Sodium alginate in drug delivery and biomedical areas
4. Chitosan in drug delivery applications
5. Xanthan gum in drug delivery applications
6. Gellan gum in drug delivery applications
7. Guar gum in drug delivery applications
8. Locust bean gum in drug delivery application
9. Sterculia gum in drug delivery applications
10. Pectin in drug delivery applications
11. Cashew gum in drug delivery applications
12. Tamarind gum in drug delivery applications
13. Hyaluronic acid in drug delivery applications
14. Gum odina as pharmaceutical excipient
15. Alginate-chitosan combinations in controlled drug delivery
16. Synthesis of micro- and nanoparticles of alginate and chitosan for controlled release of drugs
17. Polysaccharides nanoparticles as oral drug delivery systems
18. Natural polysaccharide-based composites for drug delivery and biomedical applications
19. Natural polysaccharides for the delivery of anticancer therapeutics
20. Organic nanocomposites for the delivery of bioactive molecules
21. Natural polysaccharides for growth factors delivery
22. Marine polysaccharides for drug delivery in tissue engineering
23. Natural polysaccharides in tissue engineering applications
24. Natural polysaccharides in wound dressing applications
25. Polysaccharides from leafy vegetables: chemical, nutritional and medicinal properties
26. Electrospun natural polysaccharide for biomedical application
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 23rd July 2019
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr Md Saquib Hasnain, PhD, has more than six years of research experience in the field of pharmaceutics, especially in systematic development and characterization of diverse nanostructured drug delivery systems, controlled release drug delivery systems, bio-enhanced drug delivery systems, nanomaterials, and nanocomposites, employing quality-by-design approaches, as well as development and characterization of polymeric composites, and formulation characterization. To date, he has authored more than 30 publications in various high impact peer-reviewed journals, 37 book chapters, and co-edited 10 books. He has one Indian patent application and serves as a reviewer for several journals. Dr Hasnain has participated in, and presented his research work at, several conferences in India and abroad. He is a member of the Royal Society of Chemistry, UK, the International Association of Environmental and Analytical Chemistry, Switzerland, and the Swiss Chemical Society.
Department of Pharmacy, Palamau Institute of Pharmacy, Chianki, Daltonganj, Jharkhand, India
Dr Amit Kumar Nayak, M Pharm, PhD, is currently working as Associate Professor at Seemanta Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Odisha, India. He earned his PhD from IFTM University, Moradabad, India. He has over 12 years of research experiences in the field of pharmaceutics, especially in the development and characterization of novel biopolymeric and nanostructured drug delivery systems. To date, he has authored more than 123 research and review publications in various high impact peer-reviewed journals and 82 book chapters. He has also edited or authored 9 books. Dr Nayak has presented his research work at several conferences and received the University Foundation Day Research Award in 2019, from the Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Odisha. He is a life member of the Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India and is a registered pharmacist.
Department of Pharmaceutics, Seemanta Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mayurbhanj, Odisha, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.