- Introduction to natural fibre reinforced vinyl ester and vinyl polymer composites
- Natural fibre reinforced vinyl polymer composites
- Recent Advances in Polyethylene-based Biocomposites
- Optimisation Method of Injection Moulding Parameters for Vinyl Based Polymer Composites
- Fabrication and effect of immersion in various solutions on mechanical properties of pultruded kenaf fibre composites: A review
- Properties of betel nut husk reinforced vinyl ester composites
- Sugarcane bagasse-filled poly(vinyl chloride) (PVC) Composites: A Review
- Mechanical properties and morphological analysis of roselle/sugar palm fibre reinforced vinyl ester hybrid composites
- Mechanical Properties of Mengkuang Leaves Fibre Reinforced Low Density Polyethylene Composite
- Effect of coupling agent on mechanical properties and water absorption of rice husk filled impact modified poly(vinyl chloride) composites
- Development of sugar palm fibre reinforced vinyl ester composites
- Taro Powder (Colocasia esculenta) Filler Reinforced Recycled High Density Polyethylene/ Ethylene Vinyl Acetate Composites: Effect of Different Filler Loading and High Density Polyethylene grafted Glycolic Acid as Compatibilizer
- Physical, Mechanical and Ballistic Properties of Kenaf Fibre Reinforced Poly Vinyl Butyral (PVB) and its Hybrid Composites
- Hybridization of Commercial Fillers with Kenaf Core Fibres on the Physical and Mechanical Properties of Low Density Polyethylene/Thermoplastic Sago Starch Composites
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)/ Epoxidised Natural Rubber (ENR)/ Kenaf Core Composites: Preparation and properties
- Characterization and Properties of Biodegradable Polymer Film Composites Based on Polyvinyl Alcohol and Tropical Fruit Waste Flour
- Comparison Of Processing And Mechanical Properties Of Polypropylene/ Recycled Acrylonitrile Butadiene Rubber/Rice Husk Powder Composites Modified With Silane And Acetic Anhydride Compound
- Electrical–Based Applications of Natural Fiber Vinyl Polymer Composites
Natural Fibre Reinforced Vinyl Ester and Vinyl Polymer Composites: Characterization, Properties and Applications discusses recent advances on the development, characterization and application of natural fiber vinyl ester and vinyl polymers composites. Various types of vinyl ester and vinyl based polymers, such as poly(vinyl chloride) (PVC), low and high density polyethylene (LDPE and HDPE), polypropylene (PP), polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) and polyvinyl acetate (PVAc) are discussed. Chapters focus on different composite fabrication processes, such as compression moulding, hand lay-up, and pultrusion processes. Key themes covered include the properties and characterization of vinyl ester and vinyl polymers composites reinforced by natural fibers.
The effect of fiber treatment and coupling agents on mechanical and physical properties of these materials is also evaluated. In addition to a determination of physical and mechanical properties, studies on thermal, degradation, swelling behavior, and the morphological properties of natural fiber reinforced vinyl ester and vinyl polymer composites is also presented.
- Presents the importance of vinyl ester and vinyl-based polymers as matrices in natural fiber composites
- Provides a detailed and comprehensive review on the development, characterization and applications of natural fiber vinyl ester and vinyl polymers composites
- Looks at recent fabrication techniques and the mechanical properties of materials
- Contains contributions from leading experts in the field
Academic and industrial researchers (students, PhD scholars) working in the field of biocomposite materials
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2018
- 1st June 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor Mohd Sapuan (S.M. Sapuan) was born on 25 September 1965, in Kampung Sungai Nibong, Kota Setia, Teluk Intan, Perak, Malaysia and earned his B.Eng degree in Mechanical Engineering from University of Newcastle, Australia in 1990. Afterward he continued his study and obtained his MSc from Loughborough University, UK in 1994 and finally Ph.D from De Montfort University, UK in 1998. Later on, he has managed to pursue other qualifications including Life Fellow, International Biographical Association (LFIBA), Fellow, Institute of Materials Malaysia (FIMM), Fellow, Malaysian Scientific Association (FMSA), Life Member, Institute of Energy, Malaysia (LMInTeM), Member, International Association of Engineers, Member, Society of Automotive Engineers Inc. (MSAE), Fellow, Plastics, Rubber Institute Malaysia (FPRIM) and Honorary Life Member, Asian Polymer Association (HLMAPA), Member, International Network on Engineering Education and Research (iNEER), Member, National Professor Council, and Professional Engineer, Board of Engineers, Malaysia (PEng). Professor Mohd Sapuan is a Professor of Composite Materials in Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM); the position he took up since May 2007. Prof. Mohd Sapuan also holds other posts, including Research Assistant, Faculty of Engineering, Universiti Malaya (1990-1993), Member, Board of Directors, Mega Idaman Sdn. Bhd. Kuala Lumpur (1992-1994), Executive, Proton Bhd., Malaysia (1993), Lecturer and Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, UPM (1998-2007), Lecturer and Head of Advanced Materials Research Centre, Institute of Advanced Technology, UPM (1999-2001), Visiting Lecturer, Department of Engineering Design and Manufacture, Universiti Malaya (2001-2002), Research Associate, Advanced Materials Laboratory, Institute of Advanced Technology, UPM (2001-2006), Visiting Academic, School of Engineering, Design and Technology, University of Bradford, UK (2007-2008), Head, Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, UPM (August 2008 – February 2011), Vice President, Asian Polymer Association (2008-now), Program Manager for Advanced Composite Materials, Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology Laboratory, Institute of Advanced Technology, UPM (June 2008-2010 and July 2011-June 2013), Head, Materials Research Group, Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, UPM (2009 – now), Head, Engineering Composites Research Group, Faculty of Engineering, UPM (2010- now), Co-opted Committee member, Plastic and Rubber Institute Malaysia (2010-2012), Visiting Professor, Faculty of Mechanical engineering, Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTeM) (2011-2013), Visiting Professor, Universitas Malahayati, Bandar Lampung, Indonesia (2012), Universiti Malaya (2013-2014) and the most recent one Head of Composite Technology Research Program, UPM. In 2011, Professor Mohd Sapuan was promoted to B Grade Professor known as JUSA B; which is senior professorship post. Prof. Mohd Sapuan’s contribution to his research field is evidenced by his publications. To date he has authored or co-authored more than 900 publications on mechanical engineering, specializing mainly in composite materials, natural fibre composites, materials selection, concurrent engineering, total design and design methods including in national and international journals (450 papers published/accepted), books (10), edited books (4) and conference proceedings/seminars (370) He was invited to present keynote lectures at 8 conferences organized by various organizations such as UPM, Universiti Kuala Lumpur, Universitas Malahayati, Indonesia, and STRIDE, Ministry of Defense, Malaysia. In addition he presented 55 invited lectures in conferences and seminars.
Head, Composites Technology Research Program, Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia
H. Ismail obtained his PhD from Loughborough University of Technology, United Kingdom. His research interests include natural fiber reinforced polymer composites, recycling of rubber and plastic wastes and biodegradable polymer. He has won many awards including Khwarizmi International Award 2000 from Iran, APCTT (Asia Pacific) 2000 International Award, ISESCO Prize in Science & Technology 2001, Gold Medal at the International Trade Fair IENA 2005, Nuremberg, Germany, Gold Medal at the 56th World Exhibition of Innovation and Research and New Technologies at Brussel, Belgium, Double Gold and Special Award from Russia at British Invention Show (BIS 2010), London and Gold Medal at 6th International Invention Fair in the Middle East (IIFME), Kuwait, 2013. He has published more than 400 research papers in various polymer ISI international journals, 10 books and 10 chapters in books and is currently one of the Editorial Board for Polymer Plastic Technology & Engineering (Marcel Dekker, USA), Research Journal of Environmental and Earth Sciences (Maxwell Science), ASEAN Engineering Journal, Iranian Journal of Energy and Environment, Iranian Polymer Journal (Springer), Central European Journal of Engineering (Springer), Journal of Composites and Biodegradable Polymers (Savvy Publishers) and J of Vinyl and Additive Technology (Wiley).
Professor of Polymer Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia
E.S Zainudin is currently an associate professor in Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering department and former head of Laboratory of Biocomposite Technology at Universiti Putra Malaysia. He earned his B.Eng degree in Mechanical & Materials Engineering from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia in 1998 and MSc & Ph.D from Universiti Putra Malaysia in 2002 and 2009 respectively. His research interests include natural fiber composites and mechanical & materials engineering. To date he has published more than 100 articles in journal & conference proceedings.
Professor of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia