Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Nature and nanoscience
2. Electrospun nanofibres
3. Carbon based nanomaterials
4. Nanoparticles in textiles
5. Characterisation of nano-materials in textiles
7. Nanoporous materials
8. Nanorisks and nanohazards
9. Future outlook in the context of nano-scale textiles as a technology for the twenty-first century
Nanotechnology in Textiles: Theory and Application explains how conventional methods for treating fabrics for specific functions can by improved upon with the use of nanotechnology. Overviews of relevant, fundamental nanophysics and nanochemistry theory are provided, along with explanations of their application in textile finishing, providing a crucial resource for readers exploring this expanding frontier in textiles. The book draws on research from around the globe to address the latest nanotechnological developments that are all examined with references to industrial applications.
- Provides a complete, theoretical overview of nanotechnology and nanofibers for those with materials science or engineering backgrounds
- Covers a broad range of topics, including aerogels, polymer nanocomposites, nanohazards, and electrospinning
- Looks ahead to emerging applications of nanotechnology in textiles to point the way for further research and innovation
Researchers and PhD students in materials science with an interest in nanotechnology or textiles. Technicians, engineers, and R&D managers in textile, paints, chemicals and related industries
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2018
- 14th November 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Rajesh Mishra is an Associate Professor at the Department of Material Engineering, in the Technical University of Liberec, Czech Republic. He is the author of over 100 SCI referred articles, 22 book chapters, and is the coordinator of several multinational research projects. His research interests include textile structural composites, nanocomposites, and biomaterial engineering of fibrous structures.
Associate Professor, Department of Material Engineering, Technical University of Liberec, Czech Republic
Jiri Militky is a Professor at the Department of Material Engineering, in the Technical University of Liberec, Czech Republic. He is the author of 400 SCI referred articles, 50 book chapters, and is on the editorial panel of several journals. His research interests include fibers, textile material engineering, metrology, and textile chemistry.
Professor, Department of Material Engineering, Technical University of Liberec, Czech Republic
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.