Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Overview on the emerging nanotechnology strategies in dentistry
2. Nanotechnology in targeting and detection of micro-cavities
3. Nanotechnology strategy in caries therapy
4. Nanotechnology in management of non-cavitated initial lesions and tooth sensitivity
5. Nano-biomaterials in restorative dentistry
6. Biomimetic strategies in enamel synthesis
7. Biomimetic strategies for dentin reconstruction and pulp protection
8. Nanotechnology in tooth tissue regenerative therapy
9. Hazards and biocompatability of nanobiomaterials
10. Non-invasive dentistry: Reality or dream
Nanotechnology in Conservative Dentistry provides a detailed review of the use of nanotechnology in conservative dentistry, from diagnosis and restorative materials, through to tissue engineering and regeneration.
This book covers fundamental topics in the field of conservative dentistry, including caries therapy, dentin reconstruction, pulp protection and more; each chapter reviews and discusses how nanotechnology can be implemented as a novel approach to traditional conservative dentistry techniques, exploring the many uses and advantages of this fast-growing technology. Various nanobiomaterials and technologies are covered, as well as assessment of the biocompatibility and toxicological risks of utilizing nanotechnology in dentistry.
Nanotechnology in Conservative Dentistry will help dentists and materials science academics alike, understand the potential of nanotechnology in dentistry, building on and going beyond traditional concepts and techniques in this field.
- Reviews key topics in conservative dentistry, including dentin reconstruction, enamel synthesis, detection of microcavities and more
- Covers a range of nanobiomaterials and nanotechnologies, as well as health and safety aspects of using these in dentistry
- Appeals to a wide readership, including dentists; dental surgeons, academics and students; materials scientists and biomedical engineers with an interest in nanotechnology and dentistry
Materials scientists and biomedical engineers with an interest in dentistry. Dentists and dental science academics and researchers with an interest in novel treatments and nanotechnology
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 24th July 2021
- Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Mona Riad is Professor of Conservative and Esthetic Dentistry, Cairo University and has held the position since 1997. She has a Ph.D (1986) in restorative dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Cairo University, Egypt. Dr. Riad is an Accreditation Reviewer for Tanta Dental Journal, editor for Mathews Journal of Dentistry (USA) and has participated in reviewing and accreditation of many scientific researches and supervision of more than 70 Master and Ph.D theses. She has teaching and training experience with postgraduate dental students, resident and academic staff of the department and eleven years as a Ph.D course director. She is a member The Egyptian Association for Dental Surgeons.
Professor of Conservative and Esthetic Dentistry, Cairo University, Giza City, Giza, Egypt
Dr. Shereen Hafez Ibrahim is Assistant Professor of Conservative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Cairo University, Egypt. She has a PhD in Dental Science (2010) and has supervised more than 75 Masters and PhD thesis till present; she has published more than 75 local publications and some international publications. She is an international member at the American Dentistry Association.
Assistant Professor of Conservative and Esthetic Dentistry, Cairo University, Giza City, Giza, Egypt
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.