Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. General introduction of ZnO nanomaterials
SECTION 1: SYNTHESIS, DEPOSITION, PROCESSING AND CHARACTERIZATION
2. Synthesis of ZnO nanocrystallites
3. ZnO-based ceramics
4. Polycrystalline ZnO films and their characterization
5. Colloidal ZnO nanoparticles
6. Synthesis of ZnO 1D and 2D nanomaterials
7. ZnO processing
8. Engineering of ZnO
9. Ion beam induced modifications in ZnO
10. ZnO based Nanocomposites
SECTION 2: PROPERTIES
11. Optical properties of ZnO
12. Electron Transport in ZnO
13. Thermal Conductivity in ZnO (Phonon Transport)
14. Piezoelectric properties of ZnO
15. Surface and Interface properties of ZnO
SECTION 3: APPLICATIONS
16. ZnO-based materials as transparent conducting electrodes (TCE)
17. ZnO in Solar Cell and UV Detectors
18. ZnO-based LEDs and Lasers
19. ZnO-based Thin Film Electronics
20. ZnO in Organic Electronics
21. Photocatalysis in ZnO based nanomaterials
22. ZnO for gas sensing applications
23. ZnO as ISFET/EGFET based pH sensors
24. ZnO based functional nanomaterials for SERS bio and chemical sensing applications
25. ZnO nanoparticles for bio imaging and drug delivery
26. Toxicity assessment and antibacterial activity of ZnO nanoparticles
27. Zinc oxide-based nanocomposite for supercapacitor application
28. Zinc oxide as promising anode material for Li-ion battery
29. Energy Harvesters Based on ZnO
Nanostructured Zinc Oxide covers the various routes for the synthesis of different types of nanostructured zinc oxide including; 1D (nanorods, nanowires etc.), 2D and 3D (nanosheets, nanoparticles, nanospheres etc.). This comprehensive overview provides readers with a clear understanding of the various parameters controlling morphologies. The book also reviews key properties of ZnO including optical, electronic, thermal, piezoelectric and surface properties and techniques in order to tailor key properties.
There is a large emphasis in the book on ZnO nanostructures and their role in optoelectronics. ZnO is very interesting and widely investigated material for a number of applications. This book presents up-to-date information about the ZnO nanostructures-based applications such as gas sensing, pH sensing, photocatalysis, antibacterial activity, drug delivery, and electrodes for optoelectronics.
- Reviews methods to synthesize, tailor, and characterize 1D, 2D, and 3D zinc oxide nanostructured materials
- Discusses key properties of zinc oxide nanostructured materials including optical, electronic, thermal, piezoelectric, and surface properties
- Addresses most relevant zinc oxide applications in optoelectronics such as light-emitting diodes, solar cells, and sensors
Materials Scientists and Engineers, Chemists, Physicists in academia and R&D
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 1st January 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Awasthi is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Physics at the Malaviya Institute of Technology Jaipur. Dr. Awasthi’s main research activity is the synthesis and characterization of nanomaterials and nanostructured materials for photovoltaic, sensor, and nanofabrication applications.
Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur, Jaipur, India
Ghenadii Korotcenkov received his Ph.D. in Physics and Technology of Semiconductor Materials and Devices in 1976, and his Doctor Habilitate Degree in Physics and Mathematics of Semiconductors and Dielectrics in 1990. Long time he was a leader of scientific Gas Sensor Group and manager of various national and international scientific and engineering projects carried out in Laboratory of Micro- and Optoelectronics, Technical University of Moldova, supported from International Foundations and Programs such as CRDF, MRDA, IREX, ICTP, INTAS, INCO-COPERNICUS, COST, NATO. From 2007 to 2008, he was an invited scientist in Korean Institute of Energy Research, Daejeon, South Korea. Then, until the end of 2017 Dr. G. Korotcenkov was a research professor at the School of Materials Science and Engineering at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Gwangju, South Korea. Currently Dr. G. Korotcenkov is the research professor at the Department of Physics and Engineering at the Moldova State University, Chisinau, the Rep. of Moldova. Specialists from Former Soviet Union know G. Korotcenkov’s research results in the field of study of Schottky barriers, MOS structures, native oxides, and photoreceivers on the base of III-Vs compounds very well. His current research interests include material sciences focused on metal oxides, surface science, and the design of thin film gas sensors and thermoelectric convertors. Dr. G. Korotcenkov is either the author or editor of 39 books, published by Momentum Press, CRC Press, Springer (USA) and Harbin Institute of Technology Press (China). He is the author and coauthor of more than 600 scientific publications, including 30 review papers, 38 book chapters, and more than 200 articles published in peer-reviewed scientific journals (h-factor = 42 [Scopus] and h-factor = 51 [Google Scholar citation]). Besides, Dr. G. Korotcenkov is a holder of 17 patents. He has presented more than 250 reports at national and international conferences, including 17 invited talks. Dr. G. Korotcenkov was co-organizer of more than 10 international scientific conferences. Research activities of Dr. G. Korotcenkov are honored by the Prize of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova (2019), an Award of the Supreme Council of Science and Advanced Technology of the Republic of Moldova (2004); Prize of the Presidents of the Ukrainian, Belarus, and Moldovan Academies of Sciences (2003); and National Youth Prize of the Republic of Moldova in the field of science and technology (1980), among others.
Department of Physics and Engineering, Moldova State University, Chisinau, the Republic of Moldova
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.