- Extended nanoripples formation using a few-cycle pulses
2. Analysis of nanoripples produced on the semiconductors possessing different bandgaps
3. Formation of nanopores, nanoholes, and nanowires using different conditions of laser-matter interaction
4. Transmission electron microscopy and time-of-flight mass spectroscopy of ablated bulk and nanoparticle targets
5. Low-order nonlinearities of metal and semiconductor nanoparticles
6. Carbon-contained nanoparticles: nonlinear refraction and nonlinear absorption
7. Low- and high-order harmonic generation in nanoparticle-contained plasmas
8. Role of small clusters in harmonic enhancement using ablation of nanoparticles and bulk targets
9. Comparative studies of high-order harmonic generation in the plasmas produced during ablation of bulk and nanoparticle materials of the same origin
10. Correlation between efficient harmonic generation and TEM/ToFMS of the plasmas containing nanoparticles
Nanostructured Nonlinear Optical Materials: Formation and Fabrication covers the analysis of the formation, characterization and optical nonlinearities of various nanostructures using different methods. It addresses many areas of research in the field, including the modification of the surfaces of materials for the formation of various nanostructures, transmission electron microscopy and time-of-flight mass spectroscopy studies of ablated bulk and nanoparticle targets, the low-order nonlinearities of metal and semiconductor nanoparticles, the nonlinear refraction and nonlinear absorption of carbon-contained nanoparticles, and low- and high-order harmonic generation in nanoparticle-contained plasmas, amongst other topics.
The book is an essential reference for all nanomaterials researchers in the fields of photonics, materials, physics, chemistry and nanotechnology.
- Present complete coverage of the formation, characterization and optical nonlinearities of nanostructures
- Builds on basic theory, showing the strengths of the application of nanostructures in optical materials
- Written by a leading expert in the subject
Physicists and materials scientists working in nanomaterials and nonlinear optics, laser physicists
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 20th June 2018
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Rashid A. Ganeev, Voronezh State University, Voronezh, Russia. Prof. Ganeev is well known for his analysis of the nonlinear optical properties of various materials and the nanoripples formation. He has published five monographs based on these studies (High-Order Harmonic Generation in Laser Plasma Plumes, Imperial College Press, London, 2012, Nonlinear Optical Properties of Materials, Springer, 2013, Laser-Surface Interactions, Springer, 2013, Plasma Harmonics, Pan Stanford Publishing, 2014, Frequency Conversion of Ultrashort Pulses in Extended Laser-Produced Plasmas, Springer, 2016). Prof. Ganeev is a first co-author of most of his 320 publications in peer-reviewed journals. In 2002, the International Commission for Optics awarded him the ICO Galileo Galilei Award for the contribution in the nonlinear optics. In 2011, he was awarded by Khwarizmi International Award. In 2008, Academy of Sciences for the Developing World (TWAS) elected him a Fellow of TWAS.
Voronezh State University, Voronezh, Russia