Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Nanomaterials: Application in Biofuels and Bioenergy Production Systems looks at how biofuels and bioenergy can be part of the "sustainable" solution to the worlds energy problems. By addressing bioenergy products compared to their fossil energy counterparts, covering research and development in biofuels applied with nanomaterials this book analyzes the future trends and how biofuels and bioenergy can contribute to its optimization.
Starting from fundamentals up to synthesis, characterization and applications of nanomaterials in biofuels and bioenergy production systems, the chapters include the procedures needed for introducing nanomaterials in these specific sectors along with the benefits derived from their applications.
Including the hazards and environmental effects of nanomaterials in bioenergy applications, sustainability issues and a techno-economic analysis of the topic, this book provides researchers in bioscience, energy & environment and bioengineering with an up to date look at the full life cycle assessment of nanomaterials in bioenergy.
- Provides a one stop solution manual for applications of nanomaterials in bioenergy and biofuels
- Includes biofuel applications with compatible global application case studies
- Addresses the demand for environmental and techno-economic analysis of nanomaterials applications
Researchers in Bioscience, Energy and Environment, Bioengineering, Biotechnology, applied chemistry, Applied Physics
Section 1: Introduction to Nanomaterials
1. Introduction to Nanomaterials
2. Recent advancements and challenges of nanomaterials application in biofuel production
Nagendranatha Reddy Chintakunta, Y Vineetha, Rajasri Yadavalli and Bishwambhar Mishra
3. Sustainable Energy Production using Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology
Naveen Kumar Manickam and Senthilkumar K
Section 2: Synthesis of Nanomaterials
4. Green Technologies for Biosynthesis of Nanoparticles and its Applications for the Environmental Sustainability
Senthilkumar Kandasamy, Naveen Kumar Manickam, Manonmani Kumaraguruparaswami, Balaji Dhandapani, Gokilam Mohankumar and Sangeetha Arunachalam
5. Sysyntesis of Nanoparticles
6. Green synthesis of nanoparticles-metals and their oxides
Chitra Devi Venkatachalam, Sathish Raam Ravichandran and Mothil Sengottian
7. Synthesis of Nanomaterials for biofuel and bioenergy applications
8. Green approaches for Nanoparticles synthesis: Emerging trends
Pooja Bhardwaj, Bharati Singh and Sthita Pragnya Behera
9. Green synthesis of Nanoparticles and their applications in the area of bioenergy and biofuel production.
10. Gold Nanoparticles: Synthesis and its applications in Biofuels
Parvati Sharma and Minakshi Prasad
11. Green Synthesis of Metal Oxide Nanomaterials for Bio-fuel Production
H C Ananda Murthy, Buzuayehu Abebe and Rajalakshmanan Eshwaramoorthy
12. Green synthesis of metallic nanoparticles: A review
Samala Chaitanya Kumari, Vivek Dhand and Dr P Naga Padma
13. Green synthesis of microbial pigment mediated nanoparticles and its applications
C K VENIL
Section 3: Characterization of Nanomaterials
14. Several Assorted Characterization Methods of Nanoparticles
Section 4: Applications of Nanomaterials in Biofuel and Bioenergy
15. Applications of nanoengineered materials for bioenergy production
16. Application of Nanotechnology in Bioenergy production from Microalgal biomass: Opportunities and Challenges
Pratyush Kumar Das, Bidyut Prava Das and Patitapaban Dash
17. Comprehensive Review on Prospective and Development for Production of Bio-Alcohols using Nanoparticles
N Prabhu, T Gajendran and S Karthika Devi
18. Current Trend Application of Nanomaterials in Bio Fuel and Bio Energy
N Prabhu, M Narmatha, S.K Ajithaa and G Gowshikaa
19. Application of Nanotechnology for the Sustainable Development of Biofuel Industries
S. Chozhavendhan, Rajamehala M, G.Karthiga Devi, Ramanujam Praveenkumar, B Bharathiraja and M Jayakumar
20. Nanocatalyst mediated Biodiesel Production from Algae - Sustainable Renewable Energy Feedstock
G.Karthiga Devi and S. Chozhavendhan
21. Applications of Nanotechnology on Lignocellulose Biomass Pre-treatment for the production of ethanol
Rajesh kannan, Magesh Arangasamy, Jayabalan K and Suriyaprakash M
22. Novel Approach on Biodiesel Production and Its Function Attributes Improvement: Nano-immobilized Biocatalysts, Nano-additives, and Risk Management
Venkatesa Prabhu. S
23. Application of nanotechnology towards improved production of sustainable bio energy
Praveen N, V L. Vasantha, S Sharvari and N S. Alfia
24. Nanomaterials Obtained from Renewable Resources and their Application as Catalyst in Biodiesel Synthesis
Flavio Augusto de Freitas Sr., Wanison A. G. Pessoa Júnior, Francisco X. Nobre and Mitsuo L Takeno
25. Nanotechnology’s Contribution in next generation bio-energy production
Senthilkumar Kandasamy, Kavitha Subbiah, Naveen Kumar Manickam, Muthukumar Karuppan, Manonmani Kumaraguruparaswami and Venkata Ratnam Myneni
26. A Nanobased biofuel: Remedy to Boost up Sustainable and Greener Environment
Vijay Pradhap Singh M
27. Advances in nanotechnology for biofuel production
28. Nanomaterials in biofuel production over last decade
Jaya R. Lakkakula, Kamini Velhal, A Karthic and Aditya Pawar
29. Application of nanomaterials in production of biofuels and bioenergy - challenges and opportunities
S. Manikandan, R. ArulVel, S. Chozhavendhan and R. Subbaiya
30. Applications of Nanomaterials in Biofuels and Bioenergy
31. Enzymes as nanoadditives: A promising alternative for biofuel production
32. Approaches, Attributes and Applications of Nanocomposites
Rajamehala M, Gopalakrishnan B, S. Chozhavendhan, Muthu Kumara Pandian A, Vijay Pradhap Singh M and Jeevitha S
33. Nano Powdered Bio- char materials as selective coating in solar flat plate collectors
Prasannakumaran K M, Sanjaykumar C, Kirubkaran V and Karthikeyan M
34. Fabrication of Microbial Fuel Cells (MFC) with Nano Electrodes for Enhanced Bioenergy Production
Kavitha Subbiah and Suresh Kumar Krishnan
Section 5: Analysis of Nanomaterials
35. Instrumental Methods in Surface Property Analysis of Magnetic Nanoparticles.
Muthulingam Seenuvasan, K.Sathish Kumar, Carlin Geor Malar and Madhava Anil Kumar
Section 6: Hazards and environmental effects of nanomaterials in Bioenergy applications
36. Environmental and Health Effects of Nanomaterials
37. Recent Advances in Nanotechnology-Based Cell Toxicity Evaluation Approaches Relevant to Biofuels and Bioenergy Applications
Ekambaram Nakkeeran, Senthil Nagappan, Aswin Jeno Jose Gnanaleela and Viveka Ravichandran
38. Hazards and environmental effects of nanomaterial’s in Bioenergy applications
Neeraj Gupta, Dr Ashish, Huria Rizvi and Abuzer Amir
39. Nanoparticles in remediation: Strategies and New challenges
Section 7: Sustainability issues, Techno-economic analysis and Life cycle assessment of nanomaterials
40. Sustainability assessment of nanomaterials for production of biofuels: Integrated methodological framework
Prasad Vitthal Mandade
Section 8: Future prospects, opportunities and challenges in application of nanomaterials in biofuel production systems
41. Future prospects, opportunities and challenges in application of nanomaterials in biofuel production systems
B. Bharathiraja and Ramanujam Praveenkumar
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 19th May 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Prof. Praveen Kumar Ramanujam is Head of the Biotechnology Department, Arunai Engineering College, Tamilnadu, India. He is also Director, Institute of Innovations, Tiruvannamalai. His area of research includes biorefineries, renewable energy from biomass and municipal waste. He has published a number of articles in peer-reviewed journals and registered for 4 patents, edited 4 books. Professor Praveen has chaired 4 International conferences and organized various national level symposiums and conferences. He is also lifetime member of several professional societies including Biotech Research Society of India (BRSI), Indian Institute of Chemical Engineering (IICHE), International Forum on Industrial Bioprocesses (IFIBiop), Biogas Forum of India (BigFin), Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), Engineers Without Borders, India (EWB-India). He is serving as Management council member in BRSI and served as Vice-President in EWB-India, Chennai chapter.
Head, Department of Biotechnology, Arunai Engineering College, Tamilnadu, India
Prof. B.Bharathiraja is working as Head of Department for Chemical Engineering, Vel Tech High Tech Dr.RR Dr.SR Engineering College, Chennai. He has 14 years of experience in teaching and his areas of research include Biofuels from biomass, biorefineries, enzyme engineering, bioprocess engineering and municipal waste treatment. He had published more than 70 publications in peer reviewed journals, 2 books and 7 book chapters. Served as Chief Editor of International Journal of Bioprocess Technology and polymer sciences and also as editorial board member in various journals.
Head, Department for Chemical Engineering, Vel Tech High Tech Dr.RR Dr.SR Engineering College, Chenna, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.