Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Air quality monitoring using nanosensors
2. Smart nanosensors and methods for detection of nanoparticles and their potential toxicity in air
3. Nanocatalyst-based advanced oxidation processes
4. Nano-photocatalysis in advanced oxidation processes
5. Biotechnological applications of nanomaterials for indoor air treatment
6. Air treatment by absorption on nanoparticles
7. Nanofiltration/nanostructured membranes
8. Immobilization of hybrid nanoparticles in filtration membrane structures
9. Membranes based on carbon nanotubes
10. Antibacterial air filter using nanomaterials
11. Advanced nanomaterials for the adsorption of toxic gases
12. Nano- Metal Organic Frameworks (MOF) for gas adsorption
13. Combined cold plasma treatment and photocatalytic nanomaterials
14. Biological and physicochemical combination processes
15. Biological treatment followed by physical methods (ozonation, photolysis)
16. Future scope
Nanomaterials for Air Remediation provides a comprehensive description of basic knowledge and current research progress in the field of air treatment using nanomaterials. The book explores how nanomaterials are used in various air remediation techniques, including advanced oxidation processes, biological processes, and filtration. It also covers their combined use as nanocatalysts, nanoantibiotics, nanoadsorbents, nanocontainers, nanofiltrations and nanosensors. Major challenges to using nanomaterials for improving air quality on a mass scale, both practical and regulatory, are also presented. This is an important resource for materials scientists and environmental engineers who are looking to understand how nanotechnology is used to enhance air quality.
- Includes coverage of a wide range of nanomaterials, from biochemical to chemical materials, and nanomaterials supported photocatalysts
- Discusses how the properties of nanomaterials are being used to make more efficient air purification systems and products
- Assesses the practical and regulatory challenges of using different types of nanomaterials for air remediation
Academics and R&D industry researchers in the fields of materials science and environmental engineering
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 4th February 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor of Chemistry at University of Rennes 1, France. His research focuses on water and air remediation, and fermentation and biological treatment processes
Institut des Sciences Chimiques de Rennes (ISCR) - UMR CNRS 6226, Université de Rennes 1, Rennes, France
Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering at the Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Chimie de Rennes (ENSCR), France. His research focuses on the modeling and simulations for water/air treatment with POA
École Nationale Supérieure de Chimie de Rennes 11, Allée de Beaulieu- 35708 Rennes Cedex 7, France
DEA (ENSCMul, France) and PhD (Cnam of Paris, France 2009). He worked as an assistant professor at Cnam of Paris (2009-2011) and researcher at ETS, Montreal, Canada (2011-2015) before joining to University of Montreal as research officer (Prud'homme's Group). His main research interests are polymer blends, crystallization of ultra thin films, nanostructuration, agrocomposites, polymer ageing, personal protective materials, rupture mechanisms of polymer material
Department of Chemistry, University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada.
Tuan Anh Nguyen is Head of the Microanalysis Department, Institute for Tropical Technology, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, Vietnam. His research focuses on advanced nanomaterials, and nanotechnology for corrosion and materials integrity in transportation systems.
Head of the Microanalysis Department, Institute for Tropical Technology, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, Vietnam
Dr. Sami Rtimi, PhD is Scientific Advisor at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL). He is an expert in thin film design and preparation for self-sterilizing and self-cleaning applications. Dr. Rtimi has authored several peer-reviewed studies and reviews, book chapters, patents, and presented at several international meetings & conferences. He is an experienced editor of Elsevier books and has served as guest editor for several special journal issues in his area of expertise.
Scientist, Ecole polytechnique federale de Lausanne, Switzerland
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.