Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Nanomaterials based coatings: an introduction
2. Polymer based nanocomposite coatings
3. Antibacterial and antifungal
4. Conducting nanocomposite coatings
5. Pulse potential deposition of vinylic polymers based on the diazonium chemistry: recent development and application
6. Application of nanomaterials in textile coatings and finishes
7. Structural, mechanical and tribological characteristics of diamond-like carbon coatings
8. Anti-corrosion and anti-wear
9. Hard and superhard nanostructured and nanocomposite coatings
10. Radically curable nanobased coatings
11. Unveiling nano conducting polymers and composites for corrosion protection
12. Nanostructured superhydrophobic coatings for solar panel applications
13. Smart anticorrosive coatings containing corrosion inhibitor-loaded halloysite nanotubes
Nanomaterials-Based Coatings: Fundamentals and Applications presents the fundamental concepts and applications of nanomaterial-based coatings in anticorrosion, antiwear, antibacterial, antifungal, self-cleaning, superhydrophobic, super hard, super heat resistance, solar reflective, photocatalytic and radar absorbing coatings. It is an important resource for those seeking to understand the underlying phenomenal and fundamental mechanisms through which nanoparticles interact with polymeric and metallic matrices to create stronger coatings. As nanomaterials-enforced coatings are smarter, stronger and more durable, the information listed in this book will helps readers understand their usage and further applications.
- Highlights the latest methods in design, preparation and characterization techniques for nanomaterials-based coatings
- Discusses emerging applications of nanomaterials-based coatings, including substrates protection, sustainable energy, and in the environment and healthcare
- Assesses the major challenges in making nanomaterials-based coatings more reliable and cost-effective
Academics and R&D industry researchers in the fields of materials science and materials engineering
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 30th May 2019
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Phuong Nguyen-Tri is a Professor in the Département de Chimie, Biochimie et Physique at the Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières in Trois-Rivières, Quebec, Canada. He is the founder of the Laboratory of Advanced Materials for Energy and Environment at the Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières. He holds an M.Sc. degree from École Nationale Supérieure de Chimie de Mulhouse, France and a Ph.D. degree in Material Sciences from the Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers in Paris, France in 2009. He worked for two years (2009-2011) as a non-tenure track Assistant Professor in the Department of Industrial Polymers (now Laboratoire Procédés et Ingénierie en Mécanique et Matériaux, Paris) at the Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers in Paris. During 2011-2015, he worked in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the École de Technologie Supérieure ÉTS, Montréal, Canada as a researcher for the Research Chair in Protective Materials and Equipment for Occupational Health and Safety. From 2015 to 2019, Dr. Nguyen-Tri worked as a Research Officer in the Department of Chemistry at the Université de Montréal, Canada before accepting a professorship position at the Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières. His main research interests are in nanomaterials, hybrid nanoparticles, smart coatings, polymer crystallization, polymer blends and composites. Dr. Nguyen-Tri has edited 11 books (including 8 books by Elsevier). He has served as an Editor of many special issues in the ISI indexed journals. Dr. Nguyen-Tri is an Editorial Board Member for journals including RSEM, PLoS One (PNAS) and SN Applied Science (Springer).
Professor, Departement de Chimie, Biochimie et Physique, Universite du Quebec a Trois-Rivieres, Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, Canada
Dr. Sami Rtimi, PhD is Scientific Advisor at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL). He is an expert in thin film design and preparation for self-sterilizing and self-cleaning applications. Dr. Rtimi has authored several peer-reviewed studies and reviews, book chapters, patents, and presented at several international meetings & conferences. He is an experienced editor of Elsevier books and has served as guest editor for several special journal issues in his area of expertise.
Scientist, Ecole polytechnique federale de Lausanne, Switzerland
Claudiane Ouellet-Plamondon is a Professor at the Department of Construction Engineering, École de technologie superieure, Université du Québec, Montréal, Canada. Her research focuses in the characterization and functionalization of materials.
Professor, Department of Construction Engineering, École de technologie superieure, Université du Québec, Montréal, Canada
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.