1. Introduction: Textile finishing
2. Nanofinishing: fundamental principles
3. Nano scouring
4. Nano bleaching
5. Nano surface activation
6. Nano softening
7. Nano coating
8. Nano crosslinking
9. Nanofinishes for self-cleaning textiles
10. Antibacterial textile nanofinishes
11. Flame retardant textile nanofinishes
12. Water repellant textile nanofinishes
13. Water proof nanofinishes for textiles
14. Antifouling and soil-repellent textile nanofinishes
15. Sensing nanofinishes for textiles
16. Magnetic nanofinishes for textiles
17. Conductive nanofinishes for textiles
18. Nanofinishes for protective textiles
19. Nano encapsulation techniques for textile finishing
20. Health, safety and environmental aspects of textile nanofinishing
21. Future trends in textile nanofinishing
Textile surfaces offer an important platform for modifications that impart functional properties to textile materials. Nanofinishing technology is a relative newcomer to the established range of textile surface modification techniques, and Nanofinishing of textile materials provides thorough coverage of existing, current and future developments in this field.
Part I covers a wide range of nanofinishing mechanisms for improving the fundamental properties of textiles, such as bleaching, scouring, softening and surface activation. In Part II, the high-performance properties that can be imparted to textiles through the use of nanofinishing are discussed in detail, from conventional attributes such as waterproofing and fire-retardancy, to novel applications including conductivity and magnetism.
With two highly regarded and experienced authors bringing together the latest information on nanofinishing technology, this book makes essential reading for scientific researchers, engineers and R&D professionals working on the development of finishes for improving the properties of textiles.
- Explains nanofinishing mechanisms and processes with a view to their use in developing high-performance apparel and technical textiles
- Focuses on how nanofinishing can be used to confer important characteristics such as self-cleaning, hydrophobic, hydrophilic, magnetic and conductive attributes, making this essential reading for textile scientists and technicians
- Explores novel techniques and methods for readers who require cutting-edge knowledge of developments in nanofinishing
Scientific researchers, engineers and R&D professionals working on the development of nanofinishes for improving the properties of high-performance apparel and technical textiles; materials scientists
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2018
- 1st June 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN:
Iran. Prof. Montazer has co-authored over 60 scientific articles during the last 10 years and recently received the title of the best researcher of the year from the Amirkabir University of Technology. He is currently working on the in situ synthesis of nano particles and nanocomposites on textile surfaces. He is also interested in natural products such as chitosan and natural dyes.
Associate Professor, Director, Nano-bio Finishing Research Laboratory, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
where she is part of the Functional Fibrous Structures & Environmental Enhancement (FFSEE) research group.
Post-doctoral Student, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran