Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
An overview of specialized equipment for nanoencapsulation of food ingredients
1. Production of bioactive-loaded nanofibers by electrospinning
2. Production of bioactive-loaded nanoparticles by electrospraying
3. Production of bioactive-loaded nanoparticles by nano spray dryer
4. Production of bioactive-loaded nanocapsules by micro/nanofluidics
5. Production of bioactive-loaded nanocapsules by high pressure homogenizers
6. Production of bioactive-loaded nanocapsules by ultrasound devices
Nanoencapsulation of Food Ingredients by Specialized Equipment, Third Edition, a new volume in the Nanoencapsulation in the Food Industry series provides an overview of specialized developed equipment for the nanoencapsulation of food ingredients. Electro-spinning, electro-spraying, nano-spray dryer, micro/nano-fluidics systems and sonication devices are just some of the equipment analyzed in the book. Each chapter reviews the mechanisms of innovative devices for preparation of nanostructures, exploring the key factors in each device to control the efficiency of nanoencapsulation and revealing the morphologies and properties of nanoencapsulated ingredients produced by each equipment.
Authored by a team of global experts in the fields of nano and microencapsulation of food, nutraceutical, and pharmaceutical ingredients, this title is of great value to those engaged in the various fields of of nanoencapsulation.
- Thoroughly explores the mechanisms of nanoencapsulation by specialized equipment
- Elucidates the key factors in each device to control the efficiency of nanoencapsulation
- Discusses the morphologies and properties of nanoencapsulated ingredients produced by each equipment
Academics, students, researchers, practitioners, and those who are working or interested in various fields of micro/nanoencapsulation of food, nutraceutical, and pharmaceutical ingredients, particularly in the food and pharmaceutical areas
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 11th January 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Seid Mahdi Jafari received his PhD degree in 2006 in Food Process Engineering from the University of Queensland, Australia. He has been working on nanoencapsulation of food bioactives for the past 15 years. Now, as a full professor, he is an academic member of GUASNR (Iran). He has published more than 160 papers in top-ranked international journals and 30 book chapters along with editing36 books. In November 2015, he was awarded as one of the top 1% world scientists by Thomson Reuters (Essential Scientific Indicators) in the field of Biological Sciences. Also in December 2017, he was selected as one of the top national researchers by the Iranian Ministry of Science, Research, and Technology. Recently in November 2018, he was awarded as one of the world’s highly cited researchers by Clarivate Analytics (Web of Science), and top reviewer in the field of agricultural and biological sciences selected by Publons (September 2019).
Department of Food Materials and Process Design Engineering, Faculty of Food Science and Technology, University of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Pardis, Basidj Square, Gorgan, Iran