Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
The second edition of Nanochemistry covers the main studies of nanoparticle production, reactions, and compounds, and reviews the work of leading scientists from around the world. This book is the first monograph on nanochemistry, giving perspectives on the present status and future possibilities in this rapidly advancing discipline. It provides the solid fundamentals and theory of nanoscience, and progress through topics including synthesis and stabilization of nanoparticles, cryochemistry of metal atoms and nanoparticles, chemical nanoreactors, and more.
Nanoparticles are capable of transformations that have already led to revolutionary applications, including reagents for self-cleaning glass surfaces and fabrics, different antiseptic coverings, sensors for monitoring the environment and catalysts mitigating pollution.
- Leads the reader through the theory, research and key applications of nanochemistry, providing a thorough reference for researchers
- 40% more content than the first edition and an expanded author team
- Reviews new advances in the field, including organic nanoparticles and key methods for making nanoparticles (e.g. solvated metal atom dispersion and self-assembly techniques)
Intended for graduate and postgraduate students, scientific researchers in chemistry, physics and biology
- Survey of the Problem and Certain Definitions
2. Synthesis and Stabilization of Nanoparticles
3. Experimental Techniques
4. Cryochemistry of Metal Atoms and Nanoparticles
5. Chemical Nanoreactors
6. Group of Carbon
7. Size Effects in Nanochemistry
8. Nanoparticles in Science and Technology
- © Elsevier 2013
- 7th February 2013
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Chemistry Department, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506
Laboratory of Low Temperature Chemistry, Chemistry Department, Moscow State University, Moscow, Russian Federation
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.